Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Anything Ocean or Beachy Challenge

Well hello there my The Sisterhood friends!
It's time for a new challenge at
The Sisterhood of Crafters
and it is being hosted by none other then ME!!

I chose the theme of anything Ocean or Beach-y!

I made a pretty quick card by cheating a little bit lol.

A long while back I purchased some ephemera from
Prima May/June designs by Julie Nutting.
I have always loved her Prima dolls (and I have lots of them)
so why not own this too...hah!



I first inked up by 5 x 5 card base with TH oxide mermaid lagoon.
I used a Sue Wilson frame from her shadowbox 'celebrate' die set.

All I had to do then was pick out some of the cute ephemera
from the package.

I think it came together kind of cute to make a fun summer card!

Now you make sure and head on over to
The Sisterhood and grab some inspiration by seeing
what my 'sistahs' have created...join in with us!!



14 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Really like the card, great design.

Birgit said...

Don't you love it when cards come together so quickly and easily? I do and this one is darling! What a brilliant use for those ephemera pieces. That polka dotted sea horse makes my heart smile. ;0)

Shona Erlenborn said...

Fun, summery card for sure. Love the sponged background. A great beachy card!

Darlene said...

This is AWESOME (Love the flip flops)! What a great idea to use the ephemera in your composition! Brilliant!! Yep, screams a day at the beach!!

cuilliesocks said...

Super Summer card Diane, I love all the little summer elements you've used, Kate x

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a great collage of beach and summer designs. Great looking card!

Debbie Mageed said...

Such a wonderful summer card, Diane! The cute detailed pieces are showcased perfectly against the background you made. Love it! Have a great rest of your week.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, why not just own everything! I've been trying so hard not to shop, but I have a stamp set on the way. Otherwise I received a whole box full of stuff, but I figure if it's not stamps or dies it doesn't count, hahahahahahaha! Well, I honestly needed some of it... Anyway, you put your stuff to good use on this darling and fun beachy card!

aussie aNNie said...

Wowzer, this card def speaks summer and beach and fun and oh everything. Love it.xx

Vicky Hayes said...

Love the idea of showcasing summer-themed items in a frame like this Diane. A Lovely card :) Vicky x

Margarets designer cards said...

great summer card,
Not sure where its gone at the moment

Ros Crawford said...

Yeah well it's done nothing but rain here for weeks... No chance of flip flops and cocktails by the pool unless it's the puddle outside my window Lol! Keep on tormenting me my friend... By the way your card is super!

Jennifer's Vintage Paperie said...

I love everything about this! The frame design is perfect. I love lots of little beachy reminders. Nice work sistah!

Vicki said...

This is so cute! There is nothing more fun than being able to wear flip flops! Mine are available year round.