Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Double D Handles Challenge

It's a new challenge theme at Double D and the theme is 
HANDLES!

We want to see anything that has a handle 
and have a mood board for some idea and inspiration!


I created my card using an older stamp in my stash from JustRite
Floral Basket stamp set.

I embossed with Versamark and fine gold embossing powder
from Sparkle N Sprinkle.
The image was stamped on a Spellbinders Hemstitch oval
then colored in with Copics.
The sentiment is part of the set.
The background paper is from a very old pad of 
Kaiser Craft Flora Delight.
It is my goal this year to try and use up some of my older papers,
one sheet at a time!


The funny thing about when I bought this set, it came with nine fabulous
sentiments, but one of them is spelled wrong.
They spelled the Thinking of you with two n's, so it is not useable.
I find it odd that someone didn't spot that as I spotted it right off.


Take a peek at all the other 'handle' creations from the fabulous
Double D design team and join in with us while there!


15 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Stunning card, love the gold ep, xoxo

aussie aNNie said...

wow this is sparkly and beauitful xx

Birgit said...

This is gorgeous Diane! The gold embossing paired with your coloring is perfect. How funny that they didn't notice the mis-spell on this set. I always liked Just Rite stamps. I still have a few of their sets sitting in my cupboard as well. Thanks for the great inspiration. Maybe I should pull out my older sets and give them some love too. ;0)

Donna Phelan said...

Fabulous! That gold sparkles, thought it might have been Hot Foil, really looks beautiful! Beautiful coloring too, perfect for a happy birthday card! Weird about the sentiment, if they're still around, contact them I bet they have a correct one to send out!

Shona Erlenborn said...

How pretty with the gold embossing! Haven't done that in ages. Thanks for the inspiration!

Darlene said...

WOW! That basket is GORGEOUS! What a beautiful card! How weird is that misspelling mishap! Have a great day ... to be close to 70 here today! YAY!

Barbara said...

One sheet at a time! Funny, how long do you think it will be before you need more? This card with gold is so easy on the eyes and just lovely. Do you think that you could carefully cut out the extra n in the misspelled sentiment? Worth a try as it can't be used that way.

Barbara said...

One sheet at a time! Funny, how long do you think it will be before you need more? This card with gold is so easy on the eyes and just lovely. Do you think that you could carefully cut out the extra n in the misspelled sentiment? Worth a try as it can't be used that way.

Kathy Krug said...

uch pretty shine on your basket of flowers. The hot pink really pops too.

Ros Crawford said...

Hello Diane... What a beautiful card for a fabulous challenge. I've missed so much... I hope you are well? Thanks ever so much for your prayers and your support over this stressful time, sending hugs

Tee said...

Stunning card with the beautiful coloring and the gold!

Leslie Miller said...

I've had other stamp sets with the sentiments misspelled, but they keep right on selling them that way. This is so gorgeous, Diane! I mean REALLY gorgeous! The stamp is super pretty and the gold and your coloring takes it up a whole bunch more notches!

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, just look at all that glittery golden goodness!!! This is simply stunning, and you have captured it perfectly in the photo. No small feat. Your coloring is superb and I love your design. Oh, and good luck using up that paper.......I could take a lesson!

Vicky Hayes said...

Embossing the basket in gold was a great idea Diane and I love the pretty pink flowers and the hem stitched oval. I can't get over that typo in the stamp set - don't they have proof readers?!! Vicky x

Vicki said...

Gorgeous, Diane! The gold embossed image is so very elegant. The flower colors are beautiful and your little butterfly is the perfect touch. Love everything about this!