Thursday, October 22, 2009

Haunted House and A Pumpkin Gourd!


Our nice weather is leaving us...but it can be expected this time of year....am thankful for the nice days we did have!  With weather changes I get migranes.....I think I might be glad when it quits going up and down so my head can "relax".
Today I have a "haunted house" to share with you.  I used an embossing folder and cut part of the house out, I wanted to show the "background" trees a bit more.......the house was embossed on core paper and sanded......the moon, witch, black cats and pumpkin are all punches.....for some bling I used glitter paper, a jewel and yellow stickles in the windows....this is a "monster" sized card (no pun intended) and barely fit on half of a 12 x 12 piece of designer paper....all because of those background trees....I added pumpkin pie cardstock on the inside for stability ....I stamped a bat and another sentiment on the inside...thats about it.....except I entered it in the Saturday Spotlight With Hidden Potential at Stamped Smiles.....it was to create a scene!

This is my "pumpkin gourd I bought a few weeks ago at a craft show.....I buy one a year from the same artist, but this is the first year she had some that lit up.....I love it.....just have to be careful when packing it up for the season.....til tomorrow.

7 comments:

Dawn B. said...

This is a super card. I love Halloween. That gourd is so cool. I love those. Makes me want to try it myself. Great job..

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love your gourd. What a fun project!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! This is just gorgeous!! I love your card!! You really should enter this into the Saturday Spotlight challenge this week to make scene!! This is awesome!! TFS! HUGS

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous Halloween card!! Just love your scene. I don't know how I missed it the first time.

Jessica G. said...

Perfectly spooky scene; I especially like the stickles in the windows! Thanks for playing along in this week's Spotlight Challenge!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you've added this Diane!! :) I think that haunted house is just awesome!!! Thanks for your support!! HUGS

Erin... said...

Fun and spoooooky!!! That gourd is unbelievable! Glad you could join us at Saturday Spotlight this week:)