Sunday, November 24, 2013

Christmas Wreath

 
We have our power back...yeah!!!
After four long days, I can finally have a somewhat "normal" life again.
It's amazing how our lives revolve entirely around "power"

 
I have many wreath dies, which I love, as you
can "season" them up (as I call it) for any season you choose
I love the simplicity of this wreath, actually wish
I had a real one to hang in my home for the holidays.
Can you believe how soon Christmas will be upon us?
What is your favorite memory for Christmas?
One that maybe you still carry on yet today?
Mine is how on Christmas Eve we always went to the candlelight
service at church...
I loved that, it was so peaceful, so beautiful, so what Christmas
is really about.
Today, my husband and I still go
to a candle light service at this small country old church.
A church we don't belong to, but they open their arms to us on this special night
It is usually snowing, blowing, but so worth the effort.
After the service we all stand in a circle around the entire walls of
inside the church with lit candles and sing Silent Night...
now that is Christmas!!!

 
Anyhow, entering my card in the challenge at City Crafters...
which is week #186 and "decorate it"...to make a project or card with a wreath.

I did a very CAS card.....easy to mail...
 
Products used are SU card stock Tempting Turquoise
Impression Obsession Wreath die
Memory Box Precious Stars

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Diane,
This is so lovely! I am a wreath fanatic and would hang them everywhere and put them on every card! Christmas is sure closing in on us. My favorite Christmas memory is putting up our tree every year. We've always made a big deal out of decorating the tree,with music and a special dinner afterwards. I can't wait!

Ros Crawford said...

So glad you have power! Lovely CAS card and a sweet wreath ... Thanks for playing along at CCCB and I hope you have a great day!

Lisa said...

So gorgeous, Diane!! The wreath is beautiful!! It just pops off the blue background!! I love the star hanging from the bow!! So awesome my friend!! I'm glad your power is back!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Leslie Miller said...

Your simple wreath seems especially pretty with the star hanging in the center. I love that! Your Christmas tradition sounds very beautiful and heartfelt. My favorite tradition goes back further to when I was little and the same storybook, The Littlest Angel, came out of it's box every year and I'd snuggle up with Mom to enjoy its most beautiful pictures and pop ups. I looked forward to it and was very moved by the story, even as a small child.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a gorgeous card, thanks for joining in the fun this week at CCCB!