Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Flower Box Love Birds

I know, I know Valentines Day is over...
but I put lots of work into this and intend to leave it out all month!!
And the fact is I finished it "after" Valentines Day!!!
Plus, don't you think "love" should be "never ending"..lol!!


A few weeks ago I orderd a line of "Fancy Pants" called "Be Loved".
I loved the colors included, teal, gray, pink...favorites!!

I wanted a bit of Valentine decor without spending an arm and a leg
and was "Pinterest" inspired with all the paper flowers I keep seeing.


I cut all my flowers on my trusty neglected Cricut Expression....
it took a while, as I ordered the 6 x 6 pad, so had to keep reloading my papers.
But it was well worth the effort I think.  Everything you see is from the "Be Loved"
collection, including the flower centers and those cute little chipboard "love birds".
The red ribbon is SU Real Red
 and the tin I covered has been in my stash for over 7 years!!

This is a short post as I have way too much (as usual) to do today...see ya later!!

challenges entered:
Shopping My Stash .... "embellishments"
and 
Twisted Tuesdays .... Anything but a card and twist is "chipboard"
and
Crafty Cardmakers and More .... Come Fly With Me "Birds/bird cages"
and 
Decorate to Celebrate .... Flowers or Birthday

15 comments:

Darlene said...

This creation is just AMAZING! WOW that's a lot of beautiful flowers! You are SO GOOD at this sort of project ... will you give me lessons? LOL!
Absolutely beautiful Diane! Thanks for inspiration and happy Spring Time colors with this project!!
WOW! Certainly a Show Stopper in my book!

Ros Crawford said...

So bright and happy!! It's fabulous ... and yes ... love should be never ending Lol!

Sherrie K. said...

Holy smokes...this is GORGEOUS!! I am sure it took a while but the end results are FABULOUS! What a fun centerpiece! LOVE it!
Sherrie K
http:/sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Vickie Y said...

Wow! What a gorgeous project! Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

Lisa said...

Oh my good grief, this is amazing!! Wow, wow, wow, Diane, those flowers look so gorgeous!! Heck yes I would leave this out all year!! You seriously rocked this my friend!! Love, love it!! Thank you so much for playing along at DTC!! I hope it's warming up a bit there...we are in the 40's with hopes of the 50's tomorrow (before it gets cold again next week...grr). Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lin said...

A lot of work has gone into this fabulous creation. I would keep it out until next Valentine's Day!

Thanks for sharing with us

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

Meggymay said...

A delightful project,beautiful flowers and cute little birds. Thank you for joining us at CCM&M this time
Yvonne

scraphappenswithrhonda said...

oh wow how pretty thank you for joining the challenge at dtc. hugs

Norma said...

WOW! such a beautiful centerpiece and I love all the different papers used. Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate.
Hugs,
Norma

Leslie Miller said...

Absolutely delightful! All those flowers -- wow! It's especially sweet with those two cute love birds nestled in among the flowers. They are adorable! Prettiest tin with the gorgeous red ribbon, too. Love it all!

Mollie said...

WOW!!! This is absolutely AMAZING!!! The flowers look FABULOUS - the papers were the PERFECT choice!!! The birds are so cute, too! Wonderful project, Diane!!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Decorate to Celebrate!!!

Emily
Mollie's Motif

fionalawlor said...

Oooohh!!! This is soooo gorgeous!! I love all of the beautiful flowers and colours that you have used :) Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers And More for our "Come Fly With Me" challenge.
Fiona x

Tracie said...

Simply adorable.thanks for joining us at twisted Tuesday Challenges.

lauren bergold said...

totally amazing!

Tracey said...

Wow, what a gorgeous creation you have made! The colours are beautiful and I would leave it out for awhile too. Thanks for taking part in our current challenge at Crafty Cardmaker's! I hope you join us again next time.
Hugs, Tracey (DT)