Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Ice Cream Sprinkles

Hello all my bloggie friends!
How are we all doing today?
Only nine days til Spring....now that should make us all happy!!

It's that time again for a new challenge at "The Sisterhood of Crafters"
Lisa is our hostess and she has chosen the beautiful photo below for our inspiration.


As soon as I saw it, I had a plan!
I knew I had these Teressa Collins candy dots and had in mind
either a cupcake or an ice cream cone!
As you can see the ice cream cone won out..lol!


My plan was to cut it out on my somewhat new Cricut Explore.
Which was fine, but I haven't hardly had time to learn to even use it,
and what I did learn I had forgotten.
Then during my absence from it, there have been many improvements
and updates.
So  what I thought would be a quick card, 
took way longer then I had anticipated...isn't that the way it always is...lol!!

I cut my cone rather large as I wanted it to be the"show piece".
The white of the cone was cut on Pearlized Esse White Metallic card stock.
If you could see it in person, you would see it has lots of shimmer.
The cone was cut from Kraft card stock.
The one thing I forgot to do was emboss the cone, 
but, it was too late as I had already adhered it down.

The back ground papers are DCWV "SWEET".
I bought this paper at a garage sale two summers ago..an entire pad for $1.25.
This girl has a sale every year of brand new papers and stamps.  
I usually make  a haul there!

The ribbon is the last piece of it I had....love the colors!
The sentiment is from SU Swirls & Curls Verses.


I am hoping this inspires you to head on over to The Sisterhood blog,
take a peek at what my "Sistahs" and our guest design "Step-sisters"
have to show you.
Why not join in with us, we would love to have you!!

Before I go, how would you like to be
a "sistah" with us?
We have a Design Team call out
and are looking  a few new designers
to join our already fabulous team!!
All the info is on the top of 
The Sisterhood blog post!!

Entering the following challenges"
House of Cards (M) .... Enamel Dots
Connie Can Crop (m) .... Birthdays
Craft and Smash (m) .... Dots
Crafty Hazelnut's (m).... Patterned Paper
The Kraft Journal .... Take Your Pick (die cut~White~green)
Word Art Wednesday .... ATG


18 comments:

jenn shurkus said...

omgosh!! this is soooo fun! love the enamel dots for sprinkles on the ice cream! wicked clever!!

Lisa said...

This is so yummy and gorgeous!! I love the background papers!! The ice cream cone with the "sprinkles" is delish!! It may have taken a while to make with your Explore, but you did a fabulous job my friend!! Love the ribbon, too!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

somethingcraftybydottie said...

looks great so yummy what a better time then Now for a nice cool Ice cream cone with sprinkles. the Bow is adorable and who ever this is for will just love it

Leslie Miller said...

This all came together so cute, Diane! You've got all the perfect parts to put with your ice cream cone. What a great match up the ribbon is. It really "ties" it all together, tee hee! Seriously love the inspiration photo and colors, too.

Marsha said...

Such fun ribbon matching the candy dots and the paper is so perfect. Just love this card and so glad you entered it in the Kraft Journal Challenge.

Ros Crawford said...

Wonderful card ... That ice cream looks delicious!!

wannabcre8tive said...

Awwwwww, this is so cute. I love the sprinkles on the sweet and yummy ice cream cone.

Darlene said...

WOW! Such a fun and yummy idea! LOVE that ice cream cone ... too cute!

Mynn xx said...

What a SWEET design! ;) I adore the beautiful use of enamel dots and fun colors! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SO super sweet, and really has me craving some ice cream. Good thing there's some tucked away in my freezer! Thanks for sharing with us. It's always a blessing to have you play along.
Karen
The Kraft Journal

Karen Letchworth said...

I'm wearing a few different hats right now. I'd also like to thank you for sharing in our challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. I'm SO blessed to have you share with us there as well. I'm a lucky girl!
Hugs,
Karen

Barbara Rankin said...

Wow, this is such a yummy card, I almost want to taste it. The sprinkles on top of the cone are fabulous! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards. Hugs, Barbara-HOC/DT

Unknown said...

Love your ice cream cone!!! This is so fun! Congrats on being a top three winner over at the Kraft Journal this week! You definitely deserve it!
Nina-Marie :)

Rosmarie said...

A very lovely card, Diane! I love how you used the enamel dots on this yummy ice cream cone!!
Thanks for joining us at House of Cards!
Rosi x DT

Unknown said...

Such a 'sweet' card Diane! Love it!
Thanks for joining us at House of Cards
Lorry :o) xx

Perlilandia said...

oh wow! thanks for sharing with us on craft and smash!!!

ufoide@gmail.com said...

wonderful. thanks for sharing on c&s

Michele K. Henderson said...

Great use of enamel dots! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us over at House of Cards!
Take Care!
Michele, HOC DT