Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Warmest Greetings

It's time for a new challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters.
Our hostess for this challenge is our "sistah" Lisa.
She has chosen a beautiful color inspiration photo for us.


For my card I dug out a very old SU stamp from the set Lexicon of Leaves.
Also, being I just received a brand new set of Earthtone Color Bursts from
Classy Cards 'n Such, I decided to combine the two!

I did two cards, same supplies, two different techniques.
The colors used on both cards are
(if you are interested in any of these I have provided the links for both the set
and the individual bottles...AND if you use the code DIANE-10 at checkout
you can get 10% off)


The first card I am showing you is my favorite.
I used TH Distress Watercolor card stock.
For this card I used the back side or plain side of the paper.
First I "puffed" on my colors, then spritzed with water.
Once I had the look I wanted, I used my heat gun to dry it.
My next idea was to stamp the design with Staz On ink,
but to my dismay, my ink pad was all dry.
I used regular Tuxedo Black ink, and wished I had used
embossing powder instead, I think the design would of shown up better.
Live and learn!


I was excited to use the designer paper for the background as
it is an older Prima The First Blush from 2008...
yikes, that means I have had this paper for 7 years 
and never had even opened the pad.
Goes to show you I have too much!

The sentiment is from Flourishes Autumn Blossoms, 
stamped in SU Concord Crush.


The next card I did, I used the rough side of the watercolor paper.
spritzed it first, then "puffed" on the color bursts,
exactly opposite from the first card.
The background paper on this one is
from doodlebug design and called
"Happy Harvest".
The sentiment is Hero Arts Birthday Mess,
stamped in SU Old Olive.


I found it interesting that I used the same supplies for a totally different look!

Now head on over to "The Sisterhood of Crafters"
and take a peek of what the other
"Sistahs" have to inspire you!

Entering the following challenges:
The famous, one and only 
Try It On Tuesday .... Try Something New (color bursts)
Word Art Wednesday ....ATG 200th celebration
Mod Squad  .... Marvelous Marveling 



20 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

I love both cards!! Perfect take on that beautiful photo!

Ginny Maxam said...

These card are both really beautiful!! I haven't tried the color bursts but these cards sure are inspiring!! I am also a big collage fan so these cards really speak to me!! Have a great week! Thank you for sharing your Art with us here at Word Art Wednesday's 200th Challenge! Ginny, WAW DT

Terri's Cards N More said...

Love the background technique. Those colors are gorgeous and the yellow bow really makes the image stand out. Fabulous job, Diane.

Terri's Cards N More said...

Love the background technique. Those colors are gorgeous and the yellow bow really makes the image stand out. Fabulous job, Diane.

Darlene said...

WOWZA!!! These are just awesome and I totally LOVE the focus panel on the 1st card ... I can't wait to get my colors and play with them. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL creation Diane!

chrissie said...

Really beautiful cards snd techniques

Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

Love Chrissie xx

sirkkis said...

Beautiful cards all, but my favorit is also the first one. Thank you for sharing with us at TioT.

froebelsternchen said...

Gorgeous cards!
Thank you for joining us at TIOT's!
oxo
Susi

Lisa said...

Both of your cards are absolutely stunning!! I love the colors!! They look amazing!! Gorgeous cards my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

So beautiful, those splashes of color are so pretty. Celebration Week! Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 200th challenge.
Blessings and Hugs, Carole

Natalie said...

Both cards are lovely, I really love the beautiful autumn colors you've used. So glad you have joined in our celebration of 200 challenges at Word Art Wednesday! Thanks for playing along!!

adziamar said...

I love all this beautiful works, wonderful

Glenda said...

Oh my goodness such beautiful creations! Love the pretty ribbon!

Anne Temple said...

Both of these are amazing! Love the backgrounds you created.

Mulberry Mindy said...

I love your backgrounds with the Color Burst. I have fallen in love with them, too! I think the fall-ish colors also look awesome for die cutting leaves. Hope you have a fine week. Thanks for sharing.
Mindy

Leslie Miller said...

Lots to love here, Diane! Your Color Bursts sure did create an interesting and gorgeous effect, especially on the first card. It almost looks like there's lights shining from it. I've never even heard of Lexicon of Leaves. I still have Lexicon of Love, though. Old stuff! I do have paper 7 or more years old, but it's all been used at least a little bit. However, some of the newer pads have been waiting quite a while...

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

Beautiful cards! The colors are fabulous! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Joyce Erb said...

Both card are very pretty, I love the color crystals. Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

JD/ Jill said...

Both cards are lovely! Like the colors and the technique you used. Reminds me that I must get out my distress inks more often. Great job with the backgrounds!

Barb said...

Two beautiful cards and your backgrounds are lovely. Barbxx