Wednesday, May 23, 2018

For A Dear Friend

Time for a new challenge at
The Sisterhood of Crafters and it is being hosted by 
our lovely 'sistah' Marsha!

In honor of Veterans she has chosen 'POPPIES' for our theme.
I think it is a fabulous challenge theme!


I have a few poppy stamps and/or dies to choose from.
But in the end I went with this smaller, delicate version of the poppy.
It was colored in with Copics after stamping on a white die cut doily.



The background paper is from an old paper pad from 2009...
yikes, that is 9 years old, about time I used some of it don't you think??

The sentiment is from the same stamp set, supplies listed below.

Here a few of my own garden poppies from a previous year

The normal 'orange' poppy.



A special ordered red poppy I ordered about 20 years ago.


A true treasure, a PINK poppy!


A garden full of poppies, see the bench, I think I have to toss it this year...sigh!


These poppies were from seeds from my friend Lana in Canada...DOUBLES...almost look like carnations and have a bright lime green center.



We would love to have you join our "POPPIES' challenge at
The Sisterhood and visit to see what the design team has to inspire you!

Supplies:
Dies:  Spellbinders Circle Delight
Tutti Designs Scalloped Nested Rectangles
Paper:  K&Company Blossomwood Designer Mat







12 comments:

Shirley Gentry said...

Love your card and thank you for sharing the beautiful poppy pictures. I especially like the one with the bench. Have a great day.

Gwendolyn said...

Gorgeous poppy card against beautiful poppy background paper Diane. Your garden is so beautiful, it must be a real pleasure to walk among those gorgeous flowers. I love the look of the bench too, so rustic, it would be a pity to chuck it! Hugs, Gwendolyn

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh your card is super, what beautiful pictures of poppies too. My Mum has welsh poppies in her garden this year, pretty yellow ones. Love Hazelx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful poppy card. Wonderful coloring too!

Judy Woodland said...

Beautiful poppies! Don't you wish we could pick them? They are so delicate they don't hold up. Your card is gorgeous, love the rich, red color. Great design too.

Lisa said...

Your card is so stunning!! I love the beautiful poppies and the design!! And wow, I covet the poppies in your garden!! They are so, so gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darlene said...

Your card is so pretty and I love when you share photo of your beautiful flowers! Hugs from Somoa! LOL

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely beautiful Diane, such a lovely design and fabulous colours, Kate x x

Donna Phelan said...

Your card is spectacular....your garden of poppies is magnificent! I try and try to grow them from seed to no avail. Probably going to have to suck it up and buy as a perennial plant! lol They are beautiful!

Leslie Miller said...

It is a beautiful and thoughtful theme, and you just can't go wrong with poppies on a card. Your sweet little poppies on the doily are so pretty! I gasp at your garden of poppies! I see a kitty in the second photo, too. Love the last with the gorgeous doubles mingling with the lilies and other plants against the cute fence. I miss my poppies. Too much shade now. I had no idea they lived so long!

Ros Crawford said...

Your garden is so beautiful and those poppies are fabulous!! I love the card... the poppies are so realistic... Have a great weekend!

Debbie Mageed said...

Beautiful card, Diane! Trust you to have poppy designer paper in your stash, too! LOL I will have to visit your poppy garden. I can't grow a thing but sure do appreciate the effort from those who can!