Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Newly Acquired

The Sisterhood of Crafters has a new challenge starting today
and is being hosted by our 'sistah'  Katy
and she has chosen the theme of 
'Newly Acquired Stash'.

Well, I have to say this was a HARD one for me
as I did a lot of 'after Christmas sale shopping'
and have acquired several new things!

One of my latest is this adorable stamp/die set from Lawn Fawn.
I have been very upset of hearing of all of the animals
lost in the devastating fires in Australia
and seeing all the pictures and could not get
the Koalas off my mind so I purchased this cute set.


The background die I used is from My Favorite Things Peek-A-Boo Window.
This is a pretty fun die as it cuts the square out of the center
leaving the stitching on the  outside
perfect for making a shaker card too!


I popped my Koala up giving a bit of dimension.

We have FOUR NEW  'sistahs' joining us
so please pop on over to The Sisterhood 
and see all the fun and amazing inspiration from my 'sistahs'!!

Entering the following challenges:
Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday .... New Goodies/Old Favorites
Mod Squad .... Get Your Animal Stamps Inky
Word Art Wednesday .... ATG
Let's Create Challenge .... Love Is In The Air (m)

14 comments:

Katy McGloin said...

Diane, you did very well with your "after Christmas" shopping! The peekabo die has now hit my radar. And the koala is soooo sweet! Thanks so much for the enabling, Sistah!

Vicki said...

I adore this happy card! The pink is delightful as is that little koala smiling at us. Thanks for the warm welcome, Sistah!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Super cute Valentine design or for any time you want to say I Love You. Yes, it is sad about all the loss of human and animal lives and homes and businesses in Australia. I hope they get deluged with rain soon so that it will help the fire fighters and also drown out the fires.

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, and beautiful image,
It has been a very upsetting time for the whole world.

Debbie Mageed said...

Such a cute card, Diane! I have that great frame - need to use it. Your adorable koala is adorable! Need that one so I can CASE this card. Have a great rest of your week, sistah!

aussie aNNie said...

Great card and in memory of our loss of beautiful Koala family generations here down under, so sad.
A gorgeous stamp and great card.
Thanks dear Sistah for having me on the design team.xxx

Jennifer's Vintage Paperie said...

Love the peek a boo frame die. Such a cute card!

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a delightful little Valentine. The koala is so adorable as is that die!

Darlene said...

This is just so adorable ... makes me happy & sad all at the same time! Terrible what's going on down under ... so devastating!! But your card is bright & happy and I just LOVE it!! Well done my friend!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, gosh, I've been on an acquisition binge for months now. I have to stop! This koala is adorable and I totally love your card! Such a nice simple design. I'm so drawn to CAS, but don't always do it. I bought a "Love for Australia" digi set at Whimsy Stamps. All proceeds go to help the wildlife. Love that!

Vickie Y said...

Adorable!

Alex said...

Beautiful CAS card! Love the image... your card would fits our special challenge at Do-Al(l) Kreatives. Each participant will increase our donation to WWF Australia!

Hope to see you!
Crafty greetings
Alex

*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {Benefit challenge for Australia}
*Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles {#01 – Car(s)}
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#37 – Three of a kind}
*DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge {#37 – ATG}
Alex' Kreative Seite

Ellibelle said...

What a sweetie and love how he's framed inside the beautiful die frame!
Thanks so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge this month!
Ellibelle's Corner

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Such an adorable Koala card and really like the stitched framed did that you have use too. A lovely set made in memory for such a sad loss. Thanks for joining our challenge this month at Let's Craft and Create and good luck! Michelle DT x