Saturday, October 16, 2021

Beauty of Fall

 It was/is a rainy day today and decided to do a challenge I saw
that intrigued me after the road trip the hubs and I took to Indiana today.

I saw the challenge at CAS Mix Up and it looked fun to do
so I went with that.


They have a list of videos to watch of different ways you can
do your botanicals, I watched them all and thought the Gina K Designs
was the one for me.  You gather a few leaves, then ink them and press them onto cardstock.


So, while getting the mail in the pouring down rain I 
grabbed a few leaves, brought them in, dried them off
them sponged ink on them and burnished them onto my card stock
using Distress Oxides shabby shutters~carved pumpkin~
crackling campfire and fossilized amber.
The sentiment was stamped with vintage photo.

These are the leaves I used, I inked the back sides
to get the veins to show.


You also have to use a stamp (my sentiment)
and one other element listed on their sidebar,
I went with sponging on the leaves.
This was pretty fun, give it a try!

9 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Terrific result my friend! Have a super weekend

Shona Erlenborn said...

Very cool idea! Thanks for the inspiration!

Darlene said...

WOW GREAT JOB! I just saw the card Leslie made for this challenge and now your beautiful design ... hopefully after tomorrow's party I'll have time to join in the fun ... looks like a cool technique. BEAUTIFUL card ... glad you had some fun!

nancy littrell said...

Love how you stamped your leaves with Fall colors, Nellie. Your veins showed up so well. TFS your CAS card designs with us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..Nancy

LeAnne said...

What a cool technique! Heaven knows I have enough leaves to make a million cards! TFS!

Tee said...

Your leaves show up beautifully, great card!

Loll said...

Gorgeous leaf print card Diane! Love the variety of leaves and colours you've used to create a beautiful Autumn card. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Bonnie said...

You got wonderful results with your leaves, Diane! I LOVE the bright colors and layout! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

conil said...

Ideal Fall card with those lovely colors you chose. Sure make a beautiful Autumnal card for CAS Mix Up's October challenge.