Saturday, February 7, 2009

Shimmerz Blingz Cards.....my third new post today!!







I have been busy this morning!!! I got up at 4am and it was so quiet (except for the wind blowing and all the melting snow dripping) that I decided to close myself in my "studio" and have some fun with a new product I got a week or so ago called Shimmerz Blingz!
My first card is a "Happy Hoppers" called Relaxing Bunny! I used Shimmerz Blingz Pixie Dust on his tub and bubbles...love~love how it gave the water all that "shimmer"!!!! I also used Cord-in-nations Chocolate paper, it comes in all this yummy brown, you sand it and the color from underneath comes thru! Click on the bunny to see the shimmer up close!
My second card I used a stamp from Stampin'Up! called Morning Soft. I cut it apart and applied Shimmerz Blingz Hottie Pink to all but the very top edges, trying to get a shadow effect (click on the photo for up close detail). I added a bit of Stickles to the center, and I have to say that Shimmerz and Stickles work hand in hand together, like they were made for each other! The background is of course a Cuttlebug embossing folder....thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Holly Young said...

What a cute little bathing bunny! The shimmerz is wonderful on this card for the bubbles!

Aimee said...

beautiful... love those shimmerzs...

Anonymous said...

Brilliant creations! :) Your picture of the Shimmerz turned out so nicely! It's really hard to photograph! Love that top bubble bath one! SO CUTE!! TFS!

Lisa Trombitas - www.stampwithlisat.com said...

Love the mouse in the tub - what a great image. Those new products of yours look awfully fun!

Swamp Tulip said...

How beautiful. WOW!

Teresa

Kentucky Paper Kreations said...

Great cards! Love that bunny. Plus, love how you used the shimmerz.

Robin

Traci G said...

so pretty!!!

I also LOVE the owl on your blog page, BTW!!!