Friday, July 16, 2010

Scalloped Punch Cards & Peace!!

While cruising thru my NEW Stampin' Up catalog I noticed some neat flowers with scalloped edges......I figured they must of been made with the scallop edge punch.... grabbed some paper and gave it a whirl!  The first flower I did, I did from memory of the picture and I thought they had scored inbetween each scallop and then down the center of each scallop, before I did the second flower, I looked at the photo again, and noticed they only scored inbetween...NOT in the centers...and it was much less work, and much less folding doing it that way, and I actually like the smaller flower better with the less folds!

First flower I used some paper.... 12 x 12.... that I have had for quite awhile, cut a strip, scored and folded...a fast card, that looks so pretty!!

Second card I used some retired SU Designer paper, cut the strip more narrow then the first flower, I also used the paper and cut a strip of a banner ...I have been seeing these various little banners on other blogs and really like them!  For the card itself, I used my new SU In Color Poppy Parade...wow...do I LOVE this new color!!

Last card was for a granddaughters birthday...she is in love with anything with a peace sign, I purchased this paper and stickers about 3 months ago...her birthday was yesterday, and I put the card together yesterday...see how I am...always putting pressure on myself!!

Thats it for today I think...unless I do some challenges...I appreciate the nice comments!!!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

WOW...how cool is that! Love how the flowers add dimension! Love the color and embossing on the first 2 cards but the paper you used for your granddaughter's card is totally awesome and the sheer birthday ribbon is adorable! Thanks for such inspiration you give to others! Enjoy your day and have a great weekend!

stampinfrog said...

Beautiful cards Diane!Love the handmade flowers!Gorgeous!
Hugs,Connie

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

So, so cute...I love it...
Happy Sunday.....Giveaway late tonight..
also have a new post on my other blog, A BABY CHANGES EVERYTHING with more of this giveaway....so more EASY chances to win.

xoxoxo ~Lori said...

LOVE Sophie's card!!! Sooo cute!!
BTW, I posted some pics from your garden on my site...of course my seniors are in the pics too :)
www.loridianephotography.com
Love ya Mama!

bumblebee creations said...

WOW!! You have been a busy lady! I love the pink and black one the best---but of course they are all gorgeous-just love pink and black together for some reason!!! Gonna have to try the flower idea!!! So Pretty!