Saturday, October 30, 2010

Fall Findings Swap Reveal

I joined a Fall Findings Swap last month......today is the "Reveal Party" from the creator of the Swap at Some Days Are Diamonds ~ go take a peak at all the goodies!!  We had a "secret" partner and had to decorate and fill a cigar box with "well" what else but fall findings!!!!
My goodies came from Barbara at Dogmom Diva ...she made my cigar box into a purse...now funny thing is...I am not a shoe person or a clothes person, but I am a PURSE PERSON....really I LOVE purses...so how perfect was this for me.....and a nice fall cigar box purse, too...woowho!!  It has all the goodies shown, thread, buttons, trims, lace, some wonderful handmade tags and look those little owls...they are bottle caps...thanks so much Barbara...I love it all!!!!


My box I made is sent, I didn't do pictures or it would of been even later then it was......it was to arrive yesterday...I hope it did....I hope she loves it!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a treasure chest you received. It all looks so pretty and vintagey. I know you'll have a lot of fun playing with it.

Karen said...

What a great idea! A purse! Perfect! I love all the tags and little goodies. I just love combing through the little goodies. You always discover something you didn't see the first time around.
Can't wait to see what you sent her. Hope it arrives safe and sound.
have a wonderful Fall weekend!
Karen

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I have always wanted a cigar box purse. What a great idea for the swap!

Jo said...

What a great idea! I love the tags

JoAnne said...

What a great idea! Your's is the first purse I've seen. What a fun swap this was!

D. Jean Quarles said...

Very cute idea. Love it.

Simply Debbie said...

DEAR DIANE,
WHAT AN AWESOME JOB BARBARA DID....I TOO AM A PURSE LOVER. I LOVE THE COLORS OF THE LEAVES AND HOW SHE LEFT THE GRAPHIC STAMP OF THE CIGAR BOX.
IT IS VERY NICE TO MEET YOU.
HAVE A LOVELY WEEKEND
HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE

Dogmom Diva said...

Hi Diane, I am so glad you enjoyed your goodies, now that is funny that you do like purses..I thought the purse idea was kind of different so glad you will get use out of it!
I thoroughly enjoyed putting everything together for you and nice to meet you!

Barbara

The Chateau of Remnants said...

What a great and creative cigar box! Adorable ..! This is so much fun seeing what everyone has created and swapped!
Happy Fall ♥
Toodles,
Renee

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Oh! I just love your cigar purse! Too cute. All the little goodies inside were great too! What fun! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

This was a fun swap...
Glad you got a purse Diane...
it looks like you're going to have lots of fun going thru all your goodies...can't wait to see the box you sent your partner...
enjoy xxx ~victoria~

Cortney said...

Very pretty. I love the handle on the cigar box. When I was shopping for a cigar box I found several that already had handles on them, they were lovely too.

Kelly said...

Sounds like a fun swap Diane! I love how Barb altered the cigar box into a purse and what she filled it with. Enjoy. Too bad you did photograph the box you made, I would have loved to see it!

Curt in Indy said...

This is so fun! Love all the stuff you got and the cigar "purse" is really unique. So cool! Best, Curt