Monday, January 16, 2012

Non Traditional Colors Valentine Card Challenge & Moxie Punch Challenge

This week at Joan's Gardens she is having a non-traditional colors Valentine challenge...
and Moxie Fab World is having a punches challenge.....
I chose purple and yellow for my card....
the base of the card is made of a deep purple CS, though it looks black in the photo...
I used one of my "new" Cheery Lynn Dies for the leaves, called Fanciful Flourish....
the Rose was made using an owl punch and a spiral....I sponged  plum ink on, then used a bit of yellow stickles...I think it has a rather vintage look...
the key was cut with my Cricut from the Teressa Collins cartridge called "Sophisicated"...
and last the hearts are a MS punch......
notice how the little leaf seems to "tucked" behind my lace trim...well, I "fixed" that...and was too lazy to take a new photo...lol!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is a gorgeous card
no matter what colors!
i'm partial to purple
and yellow :D
love that heart punch!
~victoria~

Selma said...

This is such a pretty, very dimensional, Valentine. The purple and yellow are so pretty combined with the pretty green bow. Thanks for joining us in our challenge at Joan's Gardens this week.

Joan Fricker said...

I love the yellow and purple! Your card is so pretty. Great job!

Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens weekly Challege. I always love seeing your cards.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card! Your rose is a knock out!

Stella said...

That rose.....wow! I love the hearts too. Gorgeous!

bumblebee creations said...

very pretty--I love the colors you went with for this gorgeous card!

Pauline said...

This is simply divine!