Wednesday, September 25, 2013

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Autumn~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My computer has it's days and nights mixed up....
kind of like a baby, but the difference is, the computer is annoying!!
Right smack in the middle of the day when I want to work
"IT" wants to do a virus scan.....ugh....that takes forever
and I don't even bother to work, as it just bogs me down.....
 
Well, enough complaining and on to my 2nd post for today....
I dreamed this card up last night while wide awake when I should be sleeping....
I wanted to enter a card at "The Kraft Journal"...
I was in the Top 3 pick last week...thank you so much!!
 
This weeks challenge is to use the inspiration photo/colors below
 
 
Easy for me, as I LOVE to make fall cards almost as much as Christmas!!
I got out my neglected QuicKutz Squeeze and cut my maple leaves from
my new Doodlebug fall papers.... 
I love these papers as the prints are so tiny...perfect for small projects!
 
 
I embossed on Kraft cardstock, added a SU Very Vanilla panel
and the sentiment "Autumn" is from Just Rite...
I even finished the inside of my card.....
 
I am also entering this card in a few other challenges
 
 
CAS-ology....."Autumn"
 
and
 
Die Cut Divas...use a die cut and Fall colors
and
Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party Autumn/Fall

12 comments:

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful fall card! I love the embossing and the pattern leaves are gorgeous!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love, love, how colorful this is, what a clever thought to use DP leaves paper as the leave die cuts! Clever way to add color and so much interest!!

--oh and the candy corn embossing folder, how genius is that?

Thanks so much for joining us in the FALL Fun this week at CASology!!!

Unknown said...

I really love your leaves! Fall is my fav! Thank you for linking up with us for Tara's linky party at Craftin Desert Diva's We hope that you will join us again for the next linky party!

CDD DT Robin
Cut One Designs by Robin

Ardyth said...

What a fun ef! I love the candy corn - the perfect backdrop for your leaves. Love how you've created movement by their positioning! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

!neke said...

What a beautiful card! Love THE leaves!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, the leaves cut from designer paper and the candy corn embossed background are so cute together. LOVE both of those elements! My computer used to do auto updates and then want to restart right at bedtime when I was trying to finish up a DT post. Dang, I was always up too late in those days!

Ros Crawford said...

Terrific card for the challenge ... love the embossing!

Meghan said...

This embossing folder is adorable! Perfect card for the cue card this week! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Pat N. said...

Very cute, and what a great embossing folder. TFS at DCD this week.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is beautiful, Diane. Your embossed kraft paper is just perfect for our challenge, and we're so glad you've shared with us this week.
Blessings,
Karen
The Kraft Journal

Kristi said...

This one's a beauty, Diane! Congrats on your Top 3 spot!

Lisa said...

That has to be the most fun embossing folder!! Love the patterns on the leaves!! This is fabulous!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts