Sunday, September 22, 2013

Happy First Day of Fall

 
Wow, can you believe it is already the "first day of fall"?
Where does the time go?
It will be the countdown to Christmas now...
 
I happen to LOVE fall....
I am ready for the flannels, jeans and sweaters...
all the beautiful colors, the smells, the good "autumn food"!!
 
This week at "A Beautiful World" the theme is "Fall"....
So I am here to share with you a few fall pictures in Michigan....
Michigan is beautiful in the fall with all it's glorious colors....
I hope you enjoy them....and "Happy Fall Ya'All"!!
 
Sometimes I mention on my blog that we are going to our "north" home....
it is a 5 1/2 hour drive for us, one way, but well worth it, I think!
well, this is the lane going back into it in the fall..
as is the first photo above.

 
This is my "happy girl" "Nellie"....
she went with me on the walk for these photos at the time I took these.
Isn't she just the sweetest??

 
These are some acorns we found along the way..

 
This is a view from the porch of our house...
you can just see Lake Huron to the right....

 
And last I leave you with a glorious Fall sunrise I took last fall...
this was taken from my home here one early morning!!

15 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh Diane it looks so beautiful!! I wish I could take that walk with your and the beautiful Nellie ... Thanks so much for sharing these beauties with us at Our Beautiful World!

Jacqueline said...

Oh yes, I can feel that 'Fall' atmosphere in your photos, just wonderful! I love the last one!

Darlene said...

WOW! These are FABULOUS photos Diane! This last one is JAW DROPPING gorgeous! How peaceful ... Great job!

Barbara said...

Wow, these pictures leave me speechless! The first one did it already and then I discovered there were MORE! What a gorgeous place. And I do love fall, too. Actually, I love all seasons... because they all have their own appeal.

Mulberry Mindy said...

I loved your pictures, Diane. Here in So. Texas where I live, we don't see too many beautiful colors in the fall like that, so I love seeing pictures from others. Our weather today is gorgeous, mid 80's with a steady north breeze. TFS
Mindy
http://mulberrymindy.blogspot.com

Darnell said...

Thank you so, so much for sharing your incredible fall photos, Diane! Nellie is a love, the colors are amazing, and I agree with you about fall. (Although I think I say every spring that spring is my favorite, LOL!) That sunset is worthy of a famous magazine cover!! You are very blessed to live where you do. Hugs, Darnell

Contagiously Crafty said...

This is the fall of my youth (Minnesota actually, but close enough). So very different from the desert fall that I enjoy in Arizona. Great pictures. Thanks for the inspiration.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I envy you such beautiful sights! We don't get much fall color right along the coast, except for landscape plantings. I wish I could kneel down there in front of Nellie and wrap my arms around her in a big hug. That's exactly what I'd do if I was there. Thank you for these lovely photos!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful fall photos Diane, especially the last one, those colors are just gorgeous.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with us at Our Beautiful World!

Jaye said...

What fantastic pictures! I am with you on the love of Fall...and your pictures just make me love this time of year even more!!!

Shahrul Niza said...

I love coming along this walk, what with the cutest Nellie!. Fall up north is so gorgeous!. The glacier morraine landscape with Lake Huron in the distance is my favorite spot!. Thank you for sharing these with us @ Our Beautiful World!.

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us @ OBW!!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous photographs-what a beautiful walk-looks like your lovely Nellie enjoyed it too!
I love the sunrise :)
Nessa xx

Curt in Indy said...

Your photos are stunning! LOVE that pic of Nellie! She always seems to have the same expression on her face and that is happy. She is a sweet girl. Hugs, Curt

Lisa said...

Wow, what gorgeous pictures!! How do you ever leave with a view like that!! I know it must get super-duper cold, but the lake view is priceless!! And Nellie is such a sweetie!! I just want to hug her!! Thanks for sharing these beautiful pics!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts