Thursday, October 31, 2013

Amazing Shimmer Sheetz

I just wanted t share with you the post I have up
at the Classy Cards 'n Such blog today!

Hi, Diane here with you today.
While spending some time last weekend with some wonderful friends
I learned about a "new to me" product called "Shimmer Sheetz"
 
 
What you can do with one sheet of it is amazing.
I am here today to share a bit of what I have learned.
To make things easier, I will list the products I have used at the end of the post.
 
By cutting one piece of Shimmer Sheetz approx. 4 x 5 1/4 to fit your A2 card front,
and a piece of  Scor-tape sheet (double sided adhesive) the same size , you will
get 4 different uses from your one piece of Shimmer Sheetz.  You will need to cut 2 sets of these.
Apply one side of your Scor-Tape sheet to your card front.
 
The first step is to run your Shimmer Sheetz piece through your embossing machine,
using an embossing folder that has an all over pattern. Then you stick it to your adhesive sheet
that is already applied to your cardstock, and run a brayer across it several times, pressing down as you go.
Carefully, lift your Shimmer Sheetz off and set it aside with the unused side up (for now).
 
Now you might not think it looks like much at this point, but the next step changes all that.
Take a micro fine  glitter and cover the entire piece, shake the excess off onto paper (to return to your container), and burnish the glitter with your finger (yes you will be wearing glitter, but not to worry, it looks good on you).  You will see the result below....stunning, isn't it??
 
 
  But wait, we have more to do.  Apply your second set of Scor-tape to your cardstock, FLIP your Shimmer Sheetz over to the side you didn't use and once again brayer it to the Scor-tape sheet.  Repeat the step for the glitter, and you will have the negative of the embossing folder.  I have shown both below to show the contrast and left the second card bare so you can see the difference.
 
 
But wait, there is more.....next take the Shimmer Sheetz and lightly sand it...look at the result!
Now you can stop right at this step and use it as is, or take it to the next step like I did, by rubbing your Staz-On ink pad across the entire piece for the look I have shown below!
 
 
 
Now, I think you need to give this technique a try, you will love the results.  I will be back on another
post with yet another use for the Shimmer Sheetz....check back, or better yet, subscribe to the blog, so you won't miss a thing!!
 
Products used:
PoppyStamps (flower) Blooming Poinsettia die
PoppyStamps Gentle Leaf Die
White Embossing Powder (used on the flower)

7 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Stunning results Diane ... I'll have have a look at these sheets ...

Candy C said...

Hi Diane. Thanks so much for the very nice comments you left on my blog! I so appreciate them. I just bought some of that shimmer paper so your blog was very interesting to me. Thanks for the info! Your cards are beautiful and now I can't wait to play with the shimmer papers! :) Have a great weekend! <3 Candy

Darlene said...

Awesome job on the instructions Diane and your cards are AMAZING & GORGEOUS! So glad you did this post ... for the life of me, I can't remember anything these days so it's good to be able to lean on you for the directions when I find time to play with my shimmer sheetz. Awesome post!

Lisa said...

Wow, wow, wow, these are gorgeous, Diane!! The shimmer sheets looks amazing and you did such a fabulous job with them!! Simply stunning my friend!! Thanks for the inspiration!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherrie K. said...

Holy smokes...this is GORGEOUS!!!! Such stunning papers and beautiful shimmery look! LOVE this!
Have a great wknd!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Dianne said...

Wow Dianne this is brilliant, too much for me to do, wow its looks fantastic, you rocked this product, thanks for sharing..

Leslie Miller said...

Gasp! Gorgeous!!