Monday, November 2, 2015

November Crafty Secrets Linky Party and Blog Hop

I'ts the first Monday  in November....
which you know what that means?
It's the first day of the

Our Theme this month is
"Visions of Sugar Plums".

For my project I chose to create vintage ornaments!
So easy and so rewarding when done!

All the images and papers used are from
Crafty Secrets Vintage Christmas CD #6



I purchased 2 chipboard ornaments.
I did cut the hangers off the top,
used my Crop-a-dial to cut holes for "new"  cords.


Select images and papers, print.


Trace your ornaments on your printed papers,
twice on each paper,
one for the front of the ornament,
one for the back.
Cut out.


Coat each ornament with Modge Podge,
add papers.


Add trim around the outer edges.
On this ornament I also came back and added glitter.


Decorate with what you have on hand.
I used snowflakes, buttons, bird, vintage piece of jewelry.
jingle bells, ribbon etc.




I hope you will give these a try
as they would make great gifts!

Now head on over to my teammates blogs for more beautiful inspiration
in our 
"Visions of Sugar Plums" blog hop.



Here is the list of the hop in order....all links are here in case you get lost along the way.


Michele Kovack ...you should have come from here to
Diane Hover (that's me)...next on the hop is
Shantaie Fowler

You can also visit the 
Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage blog HERE
where all the links will be

Entering the following challenges:
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra .... ATG
Bunny Zoe's Crafts Monthy Challenge.... Shabby Chic Christmas
Make My Monday .... Shabby Chic
The Crazy Challenge .... Vintage
Inkspirational ... ATG With Silver

14 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Diane, these are darling! I love the touch of tinsel and all the gorgeous embellies! What a fantastic project! I know our readers will love this idea!

Judy said...

Wonderful idea Diane. Love all the great ideas on the blog hop today. Now if I can just remember some of them, I'll be golden. lol

Lisa said...

These are both so gorgeous!! I love the vintage images!! The tinsel along the edges is such a fabulous touch!! Beautiful my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darlene said...

These are FABULOUS! Awesome tutorial ... now why didn't I think of that! You are so creative on these sort of projects! LOVE the tinsel ... gives them that old fashion Christmas appeal! Too cute ... thanks for the step by step ... perfect!

Leslie Miller said...

You just amaze me! It takes time to come up with all this pretty stuff and then do the tutorials, but you do it every time. These are gorgeous!

2amscrapper said...

love your festive ornaments

Sharon said...

These are stunning Diane. Love the vintage image and your beautifully embellished baubles.
Enjoy the rest of your week.
Hugs Sharon. x

Gail said...

Beautiful! Love the tinsel and brightness - just right for the holiday TFS

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Your Christmas ornaments are so beautiful Diane, love the images you chose and how you added the tinsel and embellishments. Thanks for sharing and doing a great decoupage tutorial with inspiring photos!

Sandy

Marina said...

Cleverly made with beautiful results - these look like antiques. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Marina DT

bejko said...

Stunning work - really special - thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

Fliss said...

These are so pretty. Such lovely images and love the sparkle.
Thanks for sharing them with us at Make My Monday.
Fliss x

Sheila Rumney said...

These are super sweet. Love all the details and holiday shine!

coldwaters2 said...

WOW two beautiful projects thank you for joining the CHNC EXTRA CHALLENGE
hugs
lorraine x