Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Retro Christmas Scrap Tags

Ho Ho Ho...lol
Are we getting ready for Christmas yet???
Sure does sneak up on us doesn't it?

One of the things I most enjoy is the wrappings,
even more then the gifts I think.
Sometimes I think the wrappings are far way better then the gift..LOL!!


Each year, my sister, niece, and daughter (and myself) do a countdown to Christmas.
We include my Mom, too, but being 88 we don't expect her to shop!
We buy each other 8 gifts, we shop year round,
then starting Dec 1st, we each get to open a gift a day until the big day...
the 25th!!
We get together on the 3rd of December,
each bring some yummy food...
stuff our faces, then we each open one gift from each other.

Which brings me to what today's post is all about....
SCRAP TAGS!


I always make as many of my own tags for this get-together as I can
and when I saw 
Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Cuts
they just screamed TAGS to me!!




I am calling them scrap tags, as each and every one was made with
things I had previous cut and not used, snippets of ribbons I couldn't
make myself throw away, and bits and pieces of scrap papers!

Some of tags open like these will....
with the 'To and From' inside





Here are a few more I made....
There are 10 in total made from just one printed sheet!







 Look like fun?
Head on over to Crafty Secrets and take a peek at all
the wonderful selections available for Christmas....
make some tags of your own...
they make your gift giving even more special!

Entering the following challenges:
Crafty Gals Corner .... Scraps
Digitally Sweet .... All About The Title

8 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Lovely tags ... they remind me of an old fashioned Christmas! What a great tradition you gals have! Sounds fun!

Darlene said...

WOW! These are awesome Diane! All so cute and festive! Will look GREAT on your family packages for your exchange! Well done!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, your tags are absolutely gorgeous, Diane!! I love the designs and details of each one!! The will look so beautiful on the packages!! What a fabulous tradition you have too!! Have a great day my friend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Debbie said...

What a terrific way to use those scraps! Another terrific idea and so pretty too!! I can just imagine the faces light up when you put these on gifts.

Debbie

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, these tags are so cute! I love to see this post every year. It sounds like so much fun and you always make the most awesome packaging for it. I know the girls look forward to it, too. Yes, many times the packaging is better than the gift, but that's part of the fun, too. So fabulous, Diane!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a lovely tradition and beautiful tags. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet Challenges, hope to see you again.

Amy Cohen said...

Just perfect for our "scrap" challenge. Such a fun family tradition too. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner.
Amy-DT

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Digitally Sweet. Hope you see you again next time.