Sunday, March 6, 2016

Hap-bee Birthday


This is my post on the
Sparkle N Sprinkle blog today.



Hi There, Diane with you today!
I have a fun shaker card to share with you using the new
stamp set Honey Bees.
I first started out by cutting a honeycomb on my Cricut.
I used Brushable Glue  first


Then sprinkled Lemonade glitter on, adding it half at a time.


I set it aside to dry and then stamped bees on a scrap piece of
card stock using first Versamark, then heat setting with
Coffee embossing powder.
ca sns 36c
I repeated this again, only this time using vellum.
ca sns 36d
I fussy cut the bees from the card stock, snipping off the wings,
then cut them again from the vellum, but this time cutting just the
body and wings.
I place the vellum body under the card stock body,
giving the wings a translucent appearance.
ca sns 36e
Here is a nice closeup of the finished bee.


I colored the image with Copic Sketch Markers,
and adding Want 2 Scrap black pearls to the flowers centers.
Using the Versmark once again, I stamped the sentiment,
then heat set with Black Detail embossing powder.


Thank  you for visiting with me today!

Entering the following challenges:
Creative Playground (m) .... Birthday
Let's Color Linky Party 4 .... ATG with hand colored image
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge Blog ....ATG with a touch of Spring
Dragonfly Journeys .... Pearls of Wisdom


14 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

That's so cute!! Love how you used the honeycombe for the shaker and the bees are so cute! It's Mother's Day here so Happy Mother's day to you!

Darlene said...

WOW what a clever creation! You are always inspiring me with new ideas! Love how you created this shaker and the bees are awesome! Thanks for all the info too ... great job my friend!

Lisa said...

This is so creative!! I love the honeycomb shaker!! The bees look amazing!! Wow my friend, this is fab-u-lous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Ellibelle said...

What an amazing card, love how you made the bees, and loving beehive for the shaker part of the card. Super fun and so creative!
Thank you so much for playing along in my Let's Color Linky Party, hope to see you there again soon!

Leslie Miller said...

So darn cute and hap-bee for sure! Of course, you know how I feel about yellow. Awesome!

Regina Easter said...

OH MY GOODNESS, THIS IS SO CUTE

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love your honeycomb shaker Diane and the bees are just bee-autiful! Great ideas.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Every one of your details on this card is perfect - it is adorable. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

monique said...

beauty Thanks for playing in our new Creative Playground Challenge #2: BIRTHDAY THEME at Imagine That! DbK

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

This BEE sae your Bee-utiful creation at Dragonfly Journey Ch#47 Pearls. Like the scene w/ wonderful detail & embellishments; especially like the shaker part. Have a BEE-utiful day!
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Jeannie said...

Hi Diane! This is so sweet and I just love all of the pretty glitter on that honeycomb, and of course the little pearls in the centers of the flowers are perfect. Beautiful creation my friend! Thanks so much for joining my challenge this week :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Lisa Lynn said...

Your shaker card is so creative and beautiful. Love those embossed bees. Thanks for joining us at the "Birthday Bash" Challenge at Imagine That, Lisa Lynn DT.

Kristine said...

WOW, this is so BEE-utiful!! Love the glitter and sparkle of the hive, love that it's a shaker too :) Pretty papers and image, thanks so much for playing at Imagine That!'s Creative Playground this month!! xKris (owner)

Helen said...

Great card - love the sparkle.

Thanks for joining us at the Imagine That Creative Playground Challenge.

Helen x