Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Happy Birthday Flowers

Time for a new challenge at



This time around the theme is
'Handmade Flowers'
so it should fun to see all the pretty entries.

For my card I started with a 'pocket' made from a piece
of scrap paper.
I have been cleaning out and organizing my 12 x 12 papers
and pulled out a few already cut pieces
and this was one of them.

Soooo, actually my entire card was built around this piece of scrap!
I cut it using
Memory Box Open Studio Stitched Square Layers
and then folding the top back a bit for the pocket.



I filled the pocket with a corner die first,
then leaves and flowers all made using the following dies
I added a bit of glitter to the flowers for some girlie sparkle!

A few little MS flower embellishments were added
and a stamped sentiment using a round punch.....pretty easy peasy!!

Pop on over to the challenge blog and take a peek
at what the rest of the DT has come up with...so PRETTY!!

Entering the following challenges:
Dream Valley .... Birthday
Clear It Out .... ATG Stash: Pattern paper at least 1 year old
Use Your Stuff .... Flowers and More Flowers
Pixie's Snippets Playground .... Snippets
Poppystamps .... Spring Fling

19 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Oh your flowers are stunning! Beautiful card Diane!

Sand Lee said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!! xx

Sand Lee said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!! xx

Shona Erlenborn said...

How clever, love the way you folded the corner down - it looks like the flower bouquet is wrapped in paper! Your little flowers are so pretty.

Darlene said...

Absolutely beautiful creation Diane! LOVE your corner floral treatment ... your flower bouquet is just fabulous! And I like how they match the paper ... well done! OH and love the design ... how creative! I really need to start thinking outside the box a bit more! Thanks for inspiration.

Leslie Miller said...

I love the folded back corner! So perfect for your pretty double sided designer paper. Keep trying to use mine up, but I'll probably never get there. Gorgeous flowers, and I like those little flowers, too. The wreath strip might have to go on my wish list, seeing as how my MS Branch punch broke a while back and needs to be replaced. The other is out of stock, but I love that one, too. Beautiful card, Diane!

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card.Gorgeous flowers.
Gr, Elly

Di said...

Wow Diane - this really is stunning! I love the pocket idea and all the roses etc. look so lovely. Fabulous snippets make!!

Thank you for coming to play in the Snippets Playground :)

Hugs

Di xx

Lisa said...

Oh wow, those flowers look stunning!! I love the touch of sparkle you added!! The papers are gorgeous...I love the turned down corner!! Amazing my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darlene said...

Me again ...
I always love seeing the flowers you create ... they are so real looking! This card is beautiful with all its special little tweaks like the folded corner ... just wonderful!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the USE YOUR STUFF Challenge Blog! We hope to see you again next week!

Darlene
USE YOUR STUFF
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

missgailly said...

Stunning! Love how the flowers are coming out of the top corner. Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

Jean said...

I love the pocket idea you used here and your flowers are beautiful.
Jean x

Unknown said...

So beautiful and glittery!! Love it!

Thank you for joining us at Use Your Stuff! Hope to see you again next time

Tammy Cochrane
Use Your Stuff DT
TLC PaperPassions

pam said...

Gorgeous card design Diane! love these pretty background papers, beautiful flowers, great idea to fold the corner down.
Thanks for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.
Pam x

KandA said...

Realy gorgous card and a wonderful design with those fabulous flowers xx

Sue McRae said...

Beautiful mix of flowers and foliage on your card! Thanks for playing along with us at Poppystamps!

Olga Direktorenko said...

I adore DIY flowers and this is the perfect example of how they make a card! Thank you for submitting your creation to Poppystamps Spring Fling Challenge!

Shona Hamill said...

Gorgeous card, I love the glittery gardenias! thank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley Challenges. Shona xx

Jeanne J. said...

This is stunning - the glittery flowers, pretty paper and fancy die cut corner make this a stunner! I think I would frame this in a shadow box to treasure forever!