Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Pumpkins or The Color Orange Challenge

The challenge at 
is being hosted by our 'sistah' Dar
and she has chosen the theme
'Pumpkins and/or the color Orange'!

I loved this theme as it allowed me to finally
and I mean finally dig in my Halloween stash of stamps.
I have LOTS of Halloween stamps
and probably 99% of them have never seen ink!



I used a Stampendous stamp for this project.
After stamping, I sponged lots of
TH Distress wild honey ink all around the image,
heavy in some spots, lighter in others.

I colored the image with Copics
and a while back (a month or so) I saw a challenge to
color 'outside' the lines so thought I would try that with the
viney leaves...I kind of like how it adds a pop of color.



I really struggled to figure out how to finish this card
without covering up the image, as it is quite large.
I added a little spider web corner die from
Cheery Lynn Designs Lace Corner Die Deco H
and a silly little spider to match the grins on the pumpkins
and decided that was all it needed!  Pretty simple!

Take a peek over at The Sisterhood and see all the fun
creations the 'sistahs' have to inspire YOU to join in the challenge with us!

Entering the following challenges:
City Crafters .... HALLO-ween (w)
Make My Monday .... I Put A Spell On You (x)
The Paper Girls .... Halloween (x)
Dragonfly Journeys .... Trick or Treat (x)
Fab 'n  Funky .... Celebrate Halloween (x)



Products used:
Stamp:  Stampendous Pumpkins on a Fence
Ink:  TH Distress Wild Honey
Dies:  CLD Lace Corner Deco H
Other:  Pebbles (spider)

12 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Fun card Diane! Great image and the coloring outside the lines looks great. The addition of the spider's web and the spider are awesome.

Lisa said...

This is beautiful, Diane!! I love the image!! You colored it beautifully!! The spider and web are a perfect touch!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Vickie Y said...

Love the image, colors, and card design!

Marina said...

Great arty sketchbook look on your main image and the spider adds the fun. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

Ros Crawford said...

It's brilliant Diane!! Love the image and the sponging!

Pat said...

Great Card. Thanks for sharing with Make My Monday.

Stella said...

Great design and beautiful dtails. I love the effect of sponging around the image. It adds a warm and soft touch. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Darlene said...

I too love this image and you have colored it BEAUTIFULLY!!! Awesome make my friend!!

Jeannie said...

Hi Diane! Love the vintage feel of this gorgeous stamp and your coloring too. Thanks so much for joining my Trick or Treat Challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! What a cool stamp! I love the sponging and hint of color on the vines. That turned out great! It doesn't need another single thing other than the spider and web. The image is so awesome on its own. I got sick and then didn't get my Halloween cards mailed out. Stomach flu knocked me for a loop and having a time getting my strength back. Guess I'll have extras for next year.

Cazro said...

I love your card, the coloring behind the lines looks so good, a good tip. Thanks for joining in the fun at MMM. Caz DT.

SweetScraps said...

So pretty and spooky at the same time! Thanks for sharing it with us at Papergirls, hope to see you there again soon.