Thursday, December 22, 2016

Rustic Flowers

It's almost time for Christmas
and here I am thinking about flowers instead..lol!



But how can I not with all my new beautiful
stamp sets that were released for  December
at Sparkle N Sprinkle!

The set I am using today is 

I did a very easy and simple card using once again

I die cut a Spellbinders Devine Eleoquence from black card stock.

I first coated the stamp with
I quickly stamped it on my die cut, then let it sit a few minutes to get tacky.
(you will want to use this time to quickly wash all the glue off your stamp).


Once the image was tacky
(I did take a photo, but it didn't show up well)
You might see a mix of color in there,
and that is from a bit of leftover mixed flakes from another project
that I had in a cool whip container, just waiting to be used.


I used a Mini Blender Brush to 'brush off' the excess flakes.


Once I was happy with the look, I adhered it to a piece of
Super Adhesive Sheet that had previously been
adhered to a piece of card stock.
The piece was then coated with Sunset glitter,
a perfect blend to match the gilding flakes.

I finished off with a pretty bow!

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

This is simply gorgeous, Diane! Stunning with the different layers and textures of gold and black. Neat trick with the glue on the stamp. You have so many good ideas, I forget more than I remember. I'll have to start writing them down!

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

Diane - This is so pretty and elegant. I love it!

Darlene said...

Gorgeous! Geesh ... I would have never thought to use this method ... thanks for inspiration! LOVE those gilding flakes ... always SO BEAUTIFUL!