Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Springtime Wishes

I have lots of 'free' time on my blog lately
(which is good, yes?)
and decided to do a fun challenge I saw at
'Inspired By All The Little Things'
not only does the inspiration board appeal to me
but the name of the challenge does as well
and it looks to be a well run challenge...
which I prefer :>)




I was inspired by the pink, the flowers and the embossing,
I 'kind of' incorporated it all in my own way.

Now, after all that being said
I can tell you I struggled with my Orchid I made.
I bought this die several years ago and never felt I
did it much justice, well it is what it is I guess!



I embossed my pink card base with a hearts embossing folder,
embossed the Spellbinders die cut with an embossing folder I thought resembled the one in the photo,
added my orchid to that.




I felt it needed something more so added a die cut grosgrain ribbon to the bottom.
That's it, pretty simple in the long run!

Entering the following challenges:
Simply Create Too .... Embossing


8 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Diane!! I love the beautiful orchid!! The embossing is fabulous!! Perfect take on the inspiration photo!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Leigh Penner said...

This is super pretty! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE this. All that texture and dimension. And your colors are fabulous!!! Well done, great take on the photo challenge!!!

Darlene said...

Beautifully done Diane and your orchid really POPS! Love the dual embossing ... looks fabulous! Thanks for telling me about this challenge, it was fun to play along ... just wish my pink color came out as pink in my photo! Grrr

Leslie Miller said...

I think your orchid turned out just beautiful! Funny, I've been thinking about my orchid stamps recently because my three orchids are in bloom right now. Love the embossing, too, and it's very close to the inspiration photo. No need to be exact. So cute with the heart embossing in the background. Such a sweet spring card! I saw that this challenge runs for two weeks now and that's so much better.

Darnell said...

Thank you for the compliment, Diane, and thank you for telling your pal about Inspired, too! I love your gorgeous springtime card which is going to bring a huge smile to anyone coming to your blog in winter and to the recipient! I love the heart-embossed background and I think your orchid is so pretty! The ribbon is a perfect finishing touch! Thank you so much for joining us at Inspired By All the Little Things!! Hugs, Darnell

Wanda Cullen said...

So thrilled you found our challenge and played along! Your card is a real breath of spring in the gallery and a wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

KimCreate said...

Thanks for joining us at Inspired by all the little Things! Your card is darling.