Sunday, October 21, 2018

Sympathy Card

On the SNS blog today is my post below.
You can see it HERE
Scroll on down for some news about me deciding to step down from the team.

Hi, Diane with you today with a classy but easy to create Sympathy card 
using the newly released stamp set 


Supplies :
Embossing Powder Silver Detail EP257
OtherVersamark VM001
Misc.:  Ribbon, button
Embossing folder, Spellbinders die

I embossed a card stock panel
then using Nuvo blending sponges
sponged on Nuvo Embellishement Mousse Pure Platinum.
You can see I didn't sponge the middle as I new it would be covered with my die cut.


I die cut a pretty oval, large enough for the sentiment to fit on,
stamped with Versamark and embossed with Silver Detail embossing powder.


A pretty silver ribbon and button were added to finish!


Now for a bit of sad news.
Due to some family health issues, 
and the need to spend more time with a family member
I decided I needed to step down
as a designer for SNS.
It was a very hard decision as I have enjoyed my 3 year journey
with Sparkle N Sprinkle and all their wonderful
Stamp sets, glitter, embossing powders and other fabulous products,
which I will continue using, a lot!
I will miss my SNS design friends as well,
but I sure will be visiting to see what is new and exciting on their blog posts.
Thank you SNS for letting me a part of your world!

(after the writing/scheduling of this post,
my Mom lost her battle with Stage 4 breast cancer
she is dearly missed, but I was able to be with her everyday and at her side when she passed and for that I am grateful)

10 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

So sorry to hear the news of your mother's passing. God bless you and your family Diane. It's a beautiful card. Sympathy cards are so hard to do. Love Dawn x

Margarets designer cards said...

So sorry to hear your news about your Mum at least you had some time with her before her passing,
My thoughts are with you are this sad time

Your card is beautiful certainly a lovely sympathy card

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is beautiful. I love the sentiment. I was sorry to hear about your mom. Hugs.

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a comforting sentiment on the card you made and I hope that it was a comfort to you too with the loss of your Mom. You have my deepest sympathy my friend.

cuilliesocks said...

I'm sorry to hear your sad news Diane, thought are with you and your family.
Your card is beautiful, and what a lovely comforting verse, take care, hugs Kate x

Lisa said...

It's so stunning, Diane. The design and details are gorgeous. Again, I'm so, so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you, my friend. sending big hugs

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darnell said...

I'm very sorry to hear the news of your mother's death, Diane. What a blessing that you were able to spend time with her every day and be with her at the end. Your card is elegant and beautiful! Hugs, Darnell

Ros Crawford said...

Diane you know I am thinking of you and sending hugs your way... Your card is beautiful and those words are just perfect... Take care of yourself for a while... You have endured so much ...

Leslie Miller said...

Diane, this is an absolutely beautiful sympathy sentiment and just what you need when a quick card is required. You know my heart has been with you since your mom passed. You've endured some tough times since I've known you, and I can understand how you've decided to set aside some of your DT duties in order to put your time and attention elsewhere.

Shona Erlenborn said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your Mom, Diane. My prayers are with you at this very difficult time. Such a blessing that you were able to be with her at the end. Your card is just gorgeous. So very tasteful. Just the right amount of sparkle.