Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Twofer Toucans

I really wanted to enter Darnell's Twofer Card challenge




since last time I did it, I didn't follow the rules of making 2 cards, 
same image/die cut for two different occasions...
I made 2 Christmas cards...whoops...
I had read all the instructions once before,
but my old age mind couldn't remember what I read I guess..LOL!



So here I am with two DIFFERENT occasion  cards...yippee!

I purchased a SU stamp set last year
'Bird Banter'.
OMGoodness this stamp set is so cute and fun
and the birds are a bit bigger then I thought, even better yet.

I used the Toucans from the set and googled them to see the colors
but there are so many different ones that just about any colors would work
I got the fun picture below from the San Diego Zoo.

Image result for toucan

For my first card I made it a Thank You card.
I die cut a branch and perched his little body on it...
the corners were rounded using my zutter corner chomper,
the toucan paper is from American Crafts.



My second card was made using the 'negative from the die cut of the first card....
this one is a friendship card!



I am actually thinking of giving this card to the 'hubs' for Valentines
as he is my friend as well as my hubby
and I know he would get a kick out of it!

Now can't wait to see what the next theme is...
I love a good challenge, don't you?

7 comments:

oldpunca said...

Super nice and super cute cards with sweet toucans. :-) You've created two wonderful designs and you've colored both birds fabulous.

Kara Lynne said...

Such a great toucan image and perfect colors on both accounts! I love the bright colors and fantastic toucan paper on your thank you card. You're so clever to cut the branch in the perfect place to use for your second card - way to think ahead! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Darlene said...

OMG these are too cute! What a great stamp and your coloring/designs are awesome!

Dawn Phillips said...

Two lovely cards hun. Love Dawn x

Darnell said...

You're a good sport, my friend! I appreciate that you wanted to play again and this time you embraced all the elements of Twofer perfectly! I love that toucan and think your coloring on both designs is super. Your thank you card has a ton of interest and texture with the scalloped panels and the fabulous patterned paper! I also love that you used your negative branch for your second design with the absolute best sentiment! You rocked the tropical colors and I think it's an awesome card for hubby's Valentine! !! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #12! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

What a wonderfully tropical, lush thank you card, Diane ... lovely layers and fabulous texture! Love how your toucan is perched on the negative die cut in that zesty green background ... such a fun idea ... and a brilliant sentiment to go with it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! I love these cards so much! Bright colors, fun image and papers, great sentiments. Looks like just the sort of stamp set I'd buy. The negative branch looks pretty great on that fabulous lime green background. I'd say it's perfect for your hubby's Valentine. Imagine... you just happened to have some Toucan paper. You got it all perfect, Diane, and I'm sure glad you played along with us at Twofer!