Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Vintage Aprons~I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaack!











Woowho!!! I finally sat down in my very messy "creative" room and put these darling "vintage" apron cards together. Geez, I just need to get my "mojo" back! Between my computer disaster, my never ending cleaning and reorganizing the garden, being gone for Memorial weekend, its been hard to get anything else done!

I saw this darling stamp image on a blog I subscribe to Thinking Inking ~ luckily for me, she had links to the Lockhart website, where I found Susana's "store" here ! I have to add,
my order from this store was shipped to me so fast I could not believe it, now thats service, plus she has some other goodies as well!!
The first card I just had to do in Stampin'Up! Rockabilly Specialty Designers Series Paper, after all, my own kitchen is done in red with cherries! The little teapot stamp is an older ME' stamp. I paper pieced just the ruffle and the pocket on this one.

The second card I did lots of paper piecing, and I cut the tie straps, the little cupcake stamp is a $1 stamp from Michael's. I just wish the ribbon showed up better in the photo, it is really a sheer dusty pink!

The last card, I used my "ever~useful" top note die for the back ground, and speaking of that background, can you guess what it is??? It's a piece of fabric cut from an old vintage apron. I loved the paper I chose for the apron on this one, as it had splotches of yellow on it here and there, looks like apron has some spots on it, just like a real vintage apron!!! Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!! Welcome back!! :) This apron image is adorable!! But the way you've used it in each of your creations is so clever!! What an awesome job!!! I love them all!! TFS!

Becky said...

These are gorgeous, and I love how you did the ribbon on the first one..You go girl...:)

Susana M said...

Hi Diane,
1st off Nellie is a sweetheart!!!
Your cards are wonderful :o) I love the paper piecing and layout effects you create!!!
Have a great day!!!

Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Elizabeth said...

Really great cards! Love the paper piecing!

bumblebee creations said...

I love these cards! Very pretty! I am glad you are getting the chance to get on and blog now-you have been missed!

xoxoxo ~Lori said...

Mama....I LOVE the first one the most! They are all cute! Garden looks beautiful, I'll have to bring Miss Kendall out this weekend and gets some pics with her "in" it! :) Love ya!

Recycled Rita said...

I love that apron stamp! The red with cherries card is my fave but they are all wonderful! Those eggs are incredible...they look like they are made of rock! I am working on getting my mojo back...watching a little too much NCIS (Mark Harmon is easy to watch) and not getting out the art supplies enough to get inspired!
Hugs, karen....