Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Vintage "Tablecloth" Card

If you go to "Simple Treasures" for a visit, she is having a vintage challenge using bright red, aqua, yellow, black or silver with a "kitchen" theme........I decided to make a card with a background that looked like a vintage tablecloth to me....not your "shabby chic" vintage, but more of a "retro" vintage.......I have oodles of these old tablecloths myself and use them all the time...not only for my table, but to sew with!   The red is suspose to be the "edge" of the tablecloth......and what else screams vintage, but red gingham (ribbon).......make sure you scroll on down to see my "Wheel Wednesday"!!
Edited:  I guess I should add that I stamped all the flowers for the background using "real red, dandelion, and Bermuda Bay.

7 comments:

Lemon Lane Studio said...

Very cute...I love your retro vintage tablecloth card. The gingham ribbon is the perfect accent. Cute dp.

Debbie said...

This is perfectly 'retro vintage' to me, Diane! It DOES look like a table cloth from the 1950's ... and the touch of gingham ribbon is simply wonderful! Thanks for joining my Card Style giveaway and good luck to you :)

The Pink Rose Cottage said...

Love it!!

~Holly

Ros said...

WOW! Diane you have such a fabulous place and gorgeous gardens!! I am so sorry about your tree ... it's heartbreaking isn't it?
Your blog is lovely ... so many beautiful creations! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog ...

Craft Until Your Arts Content said...

This is lovely. I love the ribbon

Kelly

Kelly said...

Great take on the challenge Diane! I love everything about this card, especially the bow. Awesome job!

Curt in Indy said...

You are so very clever! This reminds me of a vinyl tablecloth my grandmother had in the early 60's. What memories. . .that ribbon and bow are gorgeous! Best, Curt