Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Heart of a Friend

I was just "itching" to get my Julie Nutting Prima girl stamps out again....
I was "cruising" thru my challenges and saw this one at
to use the colors slate blue~peach~apricot
 
 
My slate blue paper was gorgeous with slate blue roses on it...
but I covered them up and you can't even see them.....lol....
The theme was "To The Mom In Your Life" or "Love"
Since Mother's Day is over, and I am posting this by the seat of my pants so to speak
I decided to make a "friend" tag...as we all LOVE our friends...right???
 
 
This is a BIG tag, using a Prima tag that was made for these stamps....
the tag has a vintage writing on it...which I flipped the tag over and used it for my back
of the tag, afterall, why cover up that gorgeous writing.....
This will be a fun tag to tie on a friends gift......
 
 
 
And I wanted to share with you a crazy fish....
I took my grandson to a place to eat called "Lunkers"
they have a huge round aquariam that you can sit at and eat...
this fish looked like a big fat lemon and he sat
for 25 minutes staring at us while we ate
(I think maybe because my daughter was eating a fish sandwich...lol)
but look at his teeth....we just cracked up over that!!
He is a real fish, about 9" long!!!
 

11 comments:

Lisa said...

That fish picture is freaking me out!! His teeth - wow!! And oh my gosh, I LOVE the tag!! You did an amazing job!! She looks gorgeous!! I love her sparkly shoes and headband!! The colors are beautiful!! Love, love it, Diane!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kristi said...

Diane,
I love your tag..I really like that lady stamp and her glittery shoes!♥
I was scrolling down reading your post and that fish made me squirt tea through my nose! He looks like a cartoon character!LOL

Dianne said...

GORGEOUS Diane, what a fantastic tag, the background paper look beautiful behind the lovely image colored beautiful I might add,the sentiment is lovely, a fabulous tag my dear, and that fish is hilarious, doesn't look rel, his teeth are so freaky, thanks for sharing it all and have a wonderful day..

Ros Crawford said...

I can't get over that fish!!! That's amazing!! His teeth are beyond belief!! Hahaha! TFS
You tag is STUNNING!!! everything about it is beautiful but especially that image! WOW!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

AWESOME!!! Your tag is just gorgeous Diane ... LOVE her dress and that necklace ... WOW she must be rolling in the $$$$$! LOL!
OMG that fish is so funny ... I was telling my daughter about it ... will have to send her a link so she can see it too!
Hope you're having a good day ... I know you have a TON of gardening to do ... not sure how you find the time to create such beautiful cards/tags! Hope to play with my Prima girls some day soon ... (haven't arrived yet) but I do have the ones that you let me stamp off! HAVE A FUN DAY!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Okay... I was admiring your tag -- love the color combo and the cute girl stamp with her glittery shoes -- and then I saw the fish and I just cracked up! Oh, my, those teeth! Are they teeth? So funny! Thanks!

Jamie Martin said...

Love the tag! You did a great job with the colors from the challenge :)

Alicia said...

What a beautiful and serene card... love it. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week. :)

Heather Jensen said...

Such a darling tag! I love the doily. :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is just the sweetest image, and the design and colors of your tag are all perfect!

anya said...

I just love a good tag, and this one is fabulous! Great details - the glitter on the shoes is wonderful! So glad you could join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!