Saturday, May 18, 2013

One Stamp Two Ways

Wow!!  It's been a super duper busy week here at "the nest"....
I helped my daughter with some wedding decorations for her BFF wedding today...
I cut 225 birds with my Cricut, then had to glue ribbons on each....
and we made cute labels for the brides "candy bar"....
such things like love is sweet~lovey dovey etc and decorated all the jars
the candy goes in.....I had 2 ball games and 2 grandkids concerts....
and had to shop for a wedding gift and shower gift.....
so had to put my creating aside for awhile...where does the time go???
 
 
I worked on these cards, simple though they are, for the challenge this week at
"City Crafters" which is "Same stamp two ways".....
the first card I colored my $1 Michaels stamps with SU markers, then stamped
the second card I stamped solid with SU Poppy ink and underneath the flower
 
 
I added a ruffled crepe paper "rosette"...the birthday banner on this is up
and down wavey, which does not show in the photo.....
why don't you give the challenge a try...you could be the "next" guest designer there...
I challenge "you"!!!
 
Also my very badly neglected garden (even with all the weeds) is starting to get pretty
here are a few photos for you...



....

11 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I love the elegant look of the first and the bright and cheery spring theme for the second, wonderful work Diane, thanks for playing along with us this week at CCCB!

Lisa said...

Both of your cards are absolutely gorgeous my friend!! I love the beautiful flowers!! The embossing on the first is fabulous and the colors of the second are awesome!! If you can figure out where time goes, please let me know!! Happy Saturday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Curt in Indy said...

Just reading all you've done wore me out! What a fun challenge and I like what you did with the $1 stamp. And OMGosh that garden is looking beautiful! Hope you are well! Hugs, Curt

Ros Crawford said...

Wow you have had a busy time!! 225 birds! Glad you found time to play along at CCCB ... your cards are lovely! Such a pretty stamp too ... and I love the flowers in your garden! Have a great day!

Kristi said...

Wow! You've been a busy bee! Did your Cricut start smoking cutting all those birds?LOL Your cards a so pretty,although I have to admit never seeing any dollar stamps at M's that are that pretty! Love your garden also!!

Anonymous said...

WOW sounds like you had a very busy week! I was wondering the same thing as Kristi lol!!! I'm amazed you had time to make some cards too, and these are fabulous!!!Thanks for joing us this week at CCCB :-)

AppleApricot Wen said...

Oh I love both cards Diane, they're beautiful and so brightly coloured. Love your garden photos too, always makes me happy. Thank you for joining us at CCCB! Hugs and happy day, Wendy

Dianne said...

Well Miss Diane aren't we the creative one, both of the cards a so lovely and totally different, brilliant work. Your garden looks beautiful, I love those big purple puffs, I stop in someone's front garden a clicked a pic of them :O). Thanks for sharing it all.

Kelly said...

Sounds like you have been busy...I'm exhausted just reading your post. I'll bet the wedding decorations are awesome. Love your cards and the pictures of the flowers. Thanks for sharing.

Leslie Miller said...

I don't know how you fit any stamping in at all, but you sure did, and they're sure gorgeous cards! Same with your garden. The allium are so stately and beautiful in the sunshine!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Sounds like you've been very, very busy with the wedding! Glad you were able to make some 'fun time' by playing in City Crafter's challenge. The bargain stamp you chose to use for both cards is very pretty, and looks great on the two projects.

Thanks so much for playing with us at CCCB!