Wednesday, July 27, 2016

White On White Challenge

Here it is the end of July already and
I am stepping in to host as one of other 'sistahs'
has had to step down from
The theme for this challenge is White On White
meaning 'WHITE only cards.

Last Christmas time, I had purchased a beautiful
Memory Box Snow Flake die.
and as usual with my dies, I had to test cut it first.
I cut it on white vellum and it has been waiting to be used
ever since!
I figured this was the perfect time to put it to use!

(Sorry the picture is not the best, but it is so difficult
to photograph white on white, let alone vellum.)



I adhered it on an embossed 4 1/2 x 4 /12 square card front, 
using tiny bits of Scor-tape in each corner.

Tiny white pearls were added to the centers of random snowflakes
and a ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon club,
which I adhered a snowflake button to.

Pretty easy!!  I did however choose to leave it without a sentiment,
just in case I might need it for a winter wedding.
If not I can always add a 'sparkle-y' Merry Christmas later!

Pop on over to The Sisterhood challenge blog and see
what my 'sistahs" have created...join in with us,
we would love to have you!

Entering the following challenges:
One Stitch At A Time .... ATG with dies (8-6)
Fairytale .... Christmas In July (8-2)
My Time To Craft .... Christmas In July (7-29)
Scrapyland .... Emboss It

11 comments:

Darlene said...

This is STUNNING!!! Yes, white cards are very difficult to photograph ... either that or I don't know what I'm doing with this camera! LOL LOVE the softness of the vellum ... just beautiful! Have a great day ... stay cool!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so gorgeous. I love white on white cards. You did a great job.

Leslie Miller said...

Hey, you're right -- it would be great for either Christmas OR a winter wedding! Loving the pretty heart die, especially in vellum. Such a soft look, and the ribbon with snowflake embellie really dresses it up. Photographing anything is not so easy, let alone all white, but it sure looks pretty to me!

Vickie Y said...

Gorgeous card! Love the heart.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my ... You are the Queen of WoW... It's a challenge I run from! How you do it I don't know but this is gorgeous!!

Pat said...

Absolutely gorgeous, thanks for sharing at MTTC.

Pat xx

Jeannie said...

Really gorgeous and would be soooo perfect for a winter wedding :)


Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Nancy Hill said...

Just beautiful with the Memory Box snowflake die. Beautiful bow. Suggestion - when I photo a white card, I use a dark background. Otherwise, the automatic photo on a camera will make the white card too white and not bring in the beautiful white embellishments. When taking a photo of a darker colored card, then I use a white background. Otherwise, your card is so beautiful. Hugs Nancy Hill

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Gorgeous card !
Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland Challenges blog and good luck !
Maryvonne DT Member

CraftyGirl said...

Classy, Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon. Good Luck in the challenge!!!

TTFN,

CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Terri's Cards N More said...

So beautiful and elegant. Love the addition of the snowflake.