Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Favorite Technique at The Sisterhood

Hello my friends,
it is time for another challenge at
and is being hosted by our 'sistah' Annie!
She has chosen the theme of show us your 
Favorite Technique!

I don't know about you  but I love doing different techniques
and one of my all time favorites is
coloring on vellum.
I just love the softness and the watercolor look.


I used a pretty stamp from SNS (now out of business)
but designed by Fred She Said called Happy Flowers.
She does have the flowers on her site called Scribbled Flowers
either already colored or for you to color HERE if interested.

 A little rule of coloring on vellum, 
always, always remember to color on the backside
after embossing the front of your vellum
or you will ruin it.

I added a frame (poppystamps) to hold the vellum in place,
a few vellum butterflies,
and a sentiment stamped on a Cheery Lynn Designs label.



To see even more fun techniques you might want to try,
head on over to The Sisterhood and see all the fun creations my
'sistahs' have to inspire you!

12 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

I am with you there Diane, I love to do all sort of different techniques and hard to put it down to one but however, this is stunning.xx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Diane, I love colouring on velum too, such a delicate design and pretty floral design, Kate x

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is so pretty, Diane! Love that technique too!

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card.

Vicki said...

This is gorgeous, Diane! I love the embossed vellum but have never had the nerve to try it. You make it look easy. The colors really do look like water colors.

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is truly gorgeous! Wonderful design and colors.

Leslie Miller said...

Your vellum coloring is always so lovely. This almost looks like the softest of watercolors and I just love it!

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, and lovely colouring

Darlene said...

You always do such a beautiful job using this technique and today's card is no exception! GORGEOUS! And, I love how you've added your sentiment and little butterfly! LOVELY creation my friend! Love it!

Ros Crawford said...

I love seeing your vellum cards... You always colour them so beautifully... This is gorgeous!

Su Mohr said...

Diane, your flowers are so soft and pretty with this vellum technique.Just love it!

Jennifer's Vintage Paperie said...

So pretty! I love the coloring and the cute little butterflies. Beautifully done, sistah!