Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Christmas Stockings

We are into our first week of December and it's time for a new
challenge theme at Double D and it fits right in the season as it is 
Christmas Stockings!

We have a fun mood board for you
just for that bit more of inspiration!!

CHRISTMAS STOCKINGS

 

I used a never before used die by Sizzix for my stocking,
in fact I had forgotten I even had it!
The candy cane and the bow came with the die, the other small pieces in the stocking are from a Cottage Cutz set and a bit of greenery from my 'green' bag stash!
The background die is a Tutti Designs and the banner die is
Cheery Lynn Designs!

I used paper from a few older pads of my 6 x 6 paper
trying to use some up, funny thing is by doing that
then before I know it my newer papers will be 'old' as well,
seems it doesn't matter one way or the other
just use it!!

Take a visit to the Double D blog for
plenty of fabulous inspiration!!

Entering the following fun challenges:
Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday .... ATG
NBUS .... Never Before Used Schtuff
Word Art Wednesday .... ATG
The Paper Funday .... ATG or Holiday Time
The Crafters Cafe .... Use Dies or Punches
Inspiration Station.... Holiday (Inspired By the Stockings of course)



18 comments:

Darlene said...

Awesome card design Diane and LOVE that knitted stocking filled with all the goodies! Awesome inspiration and fun theme!

Barbara said...

I am glad that you remember this die. I know how it is sometimes when you have a lot. You really made an awesome card here. I adore the knit stocking.

Donna Phelan said...

So FUN! I love all of the goodies you stuffed inside of your pretty little Christmas stocking! Fa La La La La

Leslie Miller said...

That is one great big fun stocking... and never been used! It's very cute with the knit pattern and all the little extras. I love how you used your papers, too. I recognize the Mintay. It's true that the new turns old before you can use it, but I concur that it just doesn't matter. It's good whenever you can get around to it. I've been trying to include it on more cards lately.

aussie aNNie said...

A beautifully designed card , lovely 'knitted' stocking with brilliant colours too. ♥

Donna Walls said...

Such a fun and festive card! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge! We invite you to play along with us at our sister challenge, The Inspiration Station Challenge too! https://inspirationstationchallenge.blogspot.com/
Donna xx

Vicki said...

Delightful, Diane! I love the stocking die. The trim and bow are the perfect touch. That little gingerbread man tugs at my heartstrings. Love that you've filled this stocking. And I know I have those papers in my stash too. I've save that background paper forever. You got me started and enabled me to be a fan!

Darlene said...

You already know how much I love this card Diane and I'm so glad you've come to share it with us over on the Inspiration Station Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
INSPIRATION STATION CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

TK said...

Adorable stocking, stuff with all your goodies - a great Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at NBUS

Darnell said...

That stocking is fantastic, Diane! It looks so real and I love how you cleverly filled it! Great job using your pretty pp, too! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, I DO love all that texture, and filling the stocking with cute die cuts is GENIUS!!! Really sweet card!

Ellibelle said...

This is so cute!! Love how filled the stocking with all those fun die cuts!
Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Kathy said...

Your card is very pretty and so many nice colors and textures. Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Station Challenge. Smiles Kathy

Stamp The Fun Up! with Scrappy said...

You had so many elements from different sets but tied them all together in a great way for your interpretation of the stocking inspiration. Thanks for creating this card!

Birgit said...

What a sweet knitted stocking! I'm so glad you found this new die, it is adorable and you've filled it with all the perfect Christmassy things.

Stamp The Fun Up! with Scrappy said...

Thanks for playing along with us at the Inspiration Station Challenge!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is so sweet, Diane. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. I was really excited to make a card today to share at Double D Challenge Blog. Have a blessed week and thanks again for playing along.
Karen

Anonymous said...

Thanks for paying along with the Paper Funday Challenge Blog!