Saturday, December 10, 2022

Merry Christmas Poinsettia

At Can You Handle The Pressure I think everyone knows by now
that we are an embossing FOLDER challenge and have an 'optional'
theme which is CHRISTMAS this challenge!

I purchased this Lisa Horton gorgeous 3D Poinsettia embossing folder
earlier this year after watching a youtube video of it.
It also comes with a matching die to cut out the  center Poinsettia
which is what I did with card.  Actually cut out 4 die cut pieces,
one for the underneath glitter piece, one for the entire flower and two other
pieces that I cut apart to do all the layering.
I learned watching the video to die cut the outline pieces first,
then to put them in the embossing folder to emboss,
doing it this way ensures that the embossing doesn't get squished
during the embossing process.
Look at all that gorgeous embossed detail!


Here is a better picture of the embossed piece at the bottom.


The beautiful detail of the embossed poinsettia.

This Lisa Horton EB folder makes me want to shop for more!!

Get those embossing folders out and join us at
Can You Handle The Pressure and check out the beautiful designs by
the design team while there, they are gorgeous!!

Entering the following FUN challenges:
The Flower Challenge .... Christmas
Most Magical Time of the Year .... Most Magical Florals

Simon Says Wednesday .... Add Some Sparkle
Word Art Wednesday .... ATG
Jingle Bells .... 
Christmas
Winter Wonderland .... Christmas


15 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

You and I certainly did have similar ideas for our cards, Di. Yours is just gorgeous, and I LOVE that there is a die to go along with your poinsettia EF. Lisa Horton's designs are fantastic. There is one I have been looking for and can't find, but plenty more where that came from. You used this one so beautifully and the end result is elegant and warm nad so very Christmasy. Thank you again for your kindness, and for having me on the CYHTP team. I will be crafting for me heart and soul and I will play your wonderful challenges as much as I can. I hope you have a peaceful and beautiful Christmas and a wonderful start to the new year. Hugs, Stephanie

Leslie Miller said...

WowWowWowWowWOW! Now I want to shop for more, too! This is stunning! Actually, I was shopping madly trying to choose one of these LH folder and die combos for a friend's Christmas, but couldn't choose. I'll have to go back now. The black and white is amazing!

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this!!! I am such a fan of white on white, and this card is over the top stunning!!! I'm pinning, need to refer in the future!! Merry Christmas, my friend!

Conniecrafter said...

Wow that is so elegant, love all the wonderful detail and so neat that it cuts the flower too!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Wow, what a beautiful card, the white poinsettias are stunning! All that texture looks so nice and that black glittery shadow really sets off the focal point. Love it!

Bonnie said...

Awesome, Diane! So beautiful!

Darnell said...

This is incredible, Diane! It's a Christmas gift, not a card, meant to be hand-delivered with love! I'm blown away - and I appreciate the tips! Thank you for playing along at The Flower Challenge! Holiday Hugs, Darnell GD (And, p.s., thank you for my beautiful dove Christmas card! Mwah!)

Barbara said...

Holy Wow! Thia is amazing! I have to pick my jaw up from the floor!

Vickie Y said...

Stunning! Love every element used to create this elegant card.

Ginny Maxam said...

Such a beautiful card! I love white on white and this is just so elegant Thank you for entering the Word Art Wednesday Challenge. Ginny M, DT

Aileen said...

Absolutely stunning, love the white and beautiful sparkle in the lower layer. All so beautiful to look at. Thank you for joining us at The Flower Challenge DT Aileen

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is gorgeous, Diane! Such an elegant card, the embossing is really beautiful.

Stef Perry said...

You've made one gorgeous card Diane! All those poinsettia layers just pop off the embossed background and tucking the rectangle sentiment below the flower was perfect. Thanks so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and have a very Merry Christmas!

valscraftings said...

So beautiful I love white on white and those beautiful poinsettia’s.

Thank you for joining in at The Most Magical Time of the Year Challenge.
Val – DT
https://mostmagicaltimeoftheyear.blogspot.com

Jeanne H said...

A truly gorgeous card. Love it. Happy Holidays to you.