Saturday, October 5, 2024

Pretty Papers October Challenge

Hello friends, we have an OPTIONAL theme at
Love Those Pretty Papers for October and it is
HALLOWEEN COLORS!
You can create anything though as long as you
have used your pretty papers as your focus!

Before card making I used to scrapbook but don't do it at all 
anymore, just lost all interest in it, and though I got rid of
anything that was used mostly for just that I did keep lots of 12x12
papers I thought I could use for cards.
The paper I used for my slimline card is one of those papers.
The design you see goes all around the entire edge of the
12x12 paper so I thought it would be a good fit for a slimline or two.
I winked the spider web though you can't see it, but IRL
it does add some 'brief' sparkle/shine as do the sequins.
The sentiments are all from Echo Parks 2 Cute 2 Spook stamp set.
I kind of liked them all stamped down the front for some spooky fun!



For my anything goes card I pulled out a pack of paper I bought in the early Spring,
Brutus Monroe Butterfly Beauty.
This gorgeous 6x6 paper pad is full of double sided luscious bright and colorful
butterflies, 12 designs, 24 sheets  and is the first time I have used it.
I saw a design on Pinterest for this card technique but changed the measurements
and the front slightly to make it more the way I wanted.
When I watched the directions she had the last front panel not meeting up with 
the back panel and I wanted the card to stand on it's own so I adjusted that 
and a few other measurements to make it work for me!
The 3D embossing folder is a Honey Bee 'Spring Medley'
I purchased this Spring and also
the first time I have used it, I think it is a gorgeous folder!
The sentiment is Stampendous and die cut with a round punch, I added a bit of
Soot Distress ink around the edges.


Here is a side view that shows how the front panel is.
This card is just slightly shorter than an A2 card.


So grab those pretty designer papers of yours and come on over to
Love Those Pretty Papers
and have some fun with us!!

No comments: