Sunday, January 2, 2011

First Cards of the Year 2011

I am posting a few quick cards I made...these will go with my friend to her place of work to sell...they only sell for $2...so are reallly quite simple........I  have not been creating anything for so long, I feel as if I am starting all over......I have tons of new goodies to use...just no creative juices...I sit down at my table and cannot figure out what I want to do....I hope that changes soon...maybe I should find a few challenges to do...any ideas??  I used my new Tim Holtz Rosette die....has anyone used one of these yet??  I had a heck of a time getting it to not break as it cut all the way thru on the die...I went thru 3 12 x 12 papers just to get about 4 rosettes that were "semi" useable......if anyone has any tips I would appreciate it...I tried all kinds of things, none of which worked....but when I finally got one to work out of about 12, it was beautiful!  Also on the same card, the jewels that look royal blue are really the color of the rosette...teal....for some reason my camera changed the color on them........




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty start. I'm not a die girl so I can't offer any advice. That first card is stunning with the flowers over the doily.

D. Jean Quarles said...

Those are so stunning. Lovely, really. Sorry can't help with the die either. :(

Emily & Scott said...

So very beautiful!! I absolutely LOVE the first one!!!

bumblebee creations said...

GORGEOUS DIANE!!!!

Kelly said...

Hi Diane! Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog. I really struggled with my decision to stop blogging but will continue to visit all of my favorite blogs on a regular basis. I know it's been a while since I have visited you...with the holidays and all, I have been a little lax but hope to get back into a regular routine now that the holidays are over. I'm off to see what I've missed since my last visit. The best to you and your family in 2011!

Great cards! I've got some of the paper you used...thanks for the reminder...Now, I'll just have to remember where it is...lol!

Big Hugz
Kelly :)

Stella said...

Your cards are all gorgeous but I LOVE the one with the rosette. It has been quite a job to create it but the result is stunning!

Primitive Seasons said...

Diane, your cards are getting better and better. These are wonderful and Nellie looks so cute in her new year's headband. What we don't make our animals suffer through!

Mary
www.primitiveseasons.blogspot.

Curt in Indy said...

These are beautiful Diane! My absolute fav is the first one. Love the flowers on that lacy Dollie. I think you are off to a wonderful start to the New Year! Best, Curt