Monday, January 20, 2014

"Artsy" Tree Challenge

Good Monday Morning to you!!
I have been working on quite a few projects...
and am excited today as I have ordered a few new things
and the UPS man should be bringing them shortly....
don't you just "love" those men in brown!!!

I was up very early this morning, as Nellie had another seizure....
We are going to have to increase her meds, something I dread.
The poor baby, she is such a good girl and I hate it that this has to happen to her!




Since I was up early, I decided to join in the soon to end today challenge at 
City Crafters, which is "Artsy Tree".
A year or more ago, I purchased this lovely Memory Box "Swirly Tree die 
and its partner "Leaf Swirl".
I have to admit I have never used the Leaf Swirl part as I wasn't quite sure
how to use it!  Dumb on my part, but I guess I thought it would cut all those little
leaves, but what it does cut is the "negative" part...and the tree goes "over" that!

I used some Anna Griffin paper I had won at a previous challenge last year
a MS punch for my glittery birds and a SU heart punch for my glittery hearts.
The ribbon is a gorgeous sheer, also from SU .
The heart backing is one of many  doilies I purchased from a garage sale several years ago!

I even finished the inside with a Spellbinders die and another tiny heart!
This is a rather large card, I am thinking of using my Memory Keepers
punch board and make a matching envelope!


I am entering this card also int he following challenges
and
Simply Create Too "Valentines Day/Hearts"

14 comments:

Primitive Seasons said...

LOVE LOVE that doily!!!

Mary

Anonymous said...

Eileen L. said..

Poor Nellie, hope she is ok. Love
your card. I like you have a few dies Im not sure how to use and one was the same one you used, got it now, thanks LOL. Im fairly new to this card making and I think the manufacturers dont think about that. Some need to come with instructions.

Dr Sonia S V said...

So sad about Nellie.The tree looks delightful
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Dianne said...

Well I think the whole card is gorgeous, love the dollie and tree, beautiful bow,thanks for sharing, so glad your back on line, sad how we can't live with out them, LOL, your heart made with snowflacks was BRILLIANT, I'm so sorry to hear about Nellie, hope she gets better I'll keep her in my prayers, ((( BIG HUGS ))), hope you have a lovely week..

Darlene said...


First of all ... poor Nellie ... hope she's doing better ... some sunshine would probably help too!
BEAUTIFUL card creation girlfriend! You are certainly on a roll with all these gorgeous creations ... thanks for inspiration ... I can use it!
It's fun that our styles are somewhat different and we continue to inspire each other to think outside our comfort zones!
BEAUTIFUL! Stay warm ...

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful card with lovely tree, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Gerda said...

Fabulous card! I love the papers and the pretty tree! Thanks for joining us at “Simply Create Too”, hope to see you next time again.

DT-Member SCT
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful tree with the glittery birds and hearts! I have fallen in love with Memory Box dies and hope to collect a few in the new future. I do love to see those packages on my doorstep!

Lisa said...

Poor Nellie - I am praying for her. Your card is so gorgeous!! I love the beautiful tree!! I love the sparkly hearts and birds!! I wish I could give Nellie a big hug :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Shirley said...

This is just lovely. I always wondered how or what they did with the little leaves on this time of die and you really made it clear what to do. Talk about a really feminine and gorgeous card Your DP is perfect to show off every detail of your card!! Gorgeous sentiment too!

Anonymous said...

Adorable card!!! thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Hi, Diane: Your Valentine Card is so pretty & perfect inside & out. The image just complete it. Glad you entered the Simply Create Too "Valentine's Day or Hearts" Challenge #53.

Remember, you can enter 3 of your pretty creations in this challenge. P.S-- Love your name too!


Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Ros Crawford said...

Aww so sorry about Nellie ... Give her a hug from me ... Love your card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!