Sunday, July 12, 2015

The Voice of The Sea

Living close to the Great Lakes
I have been in a "beachy" mood lately ...lol!

If you saw my Crafty Secrets "linky party" faux alligator suitcase I did HERE,
then you can see why I just had to use the same technique
for my Crafty Secrets Mermaids Tail!


I printed the gorgeous blue paper you see behind her from 

I also printed the Digital Mermaid from the same paper above
for her tail and once again on plain white cardstock,
then colored her with my Copics.
I fussy cut her out after she was colored,
then also fussy cut her tail from the digital paper.
Once I had applied the faux alligator technique to her tail,
I adhered it to her body.
I just love the way it looks like scales!


A few sequins were added for her headdress.
I added a gold shell, some, pearls and trims at the bottom.

The sentiment "The voice of the sea speaks to the soul"
is included in the Mermaid Digital stamp set.

Take a peek at the Crafty Secrets store,
there is a HUGE sale going on right now
and also our linky party challenge is still going on,
you can use ANY Crafty Secrets image to join in
and we offer lots of FREE ones.

entering the following challenges:
Crafty Gals Corner .... Under The Sea
Double Click Skittles .... From The Ocean
Pile It On ... Water/By The Water


16 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous!! From head to tail!! Diane this is such a beautiful tag ... It's one of my favourite makes from you ... Hope you win those challenges!

Darlene said...

This is such a FABULOUS tag idea and looks AMAZING! Love the techniques and colors you've used! WELL DONE (again!)

Lisa said...

Well, you know this is just about my favorite project of yours ever!! She's magnificent!! Wow!! The tail is stunning!! You brought her to life - she looks amazing!! In case you couldn't tell, I LOVE this my friend!! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is gorgeous! Love her crown! Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member Carri~Abusybee Skittles!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! It's perfect for the mermaid's tail! What an amazing tag! You always seem to have so much fun with your projects.

Rae Ann said...

Love the way you added texture to the tail. It definitely looks like scales. The ribbon and embellishments are gorgeous.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Under the Sea challenge.

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning card...just love your beautiful mermaid! From her tail to her crown, so perfect! Thanks for joining us at DoubleClick Skittles.

Kim
Design Team

Samantha A. said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! I love the colors - this is so wonderful!
Thanks for playing along this week at Crafty Gals Corner!
♥ Samantha
Crafty Gals Corner - DT Coordinator
Crafty Gals Corner

Waving My Wand said...

Wow, this is super creative. Love that mermaid! Fabulous technique and design. Thanks for linking up to the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge.

Terri ~ Design Team

Anne Temple said...

Amazing! Her tail looks so realistic.

Georgiana said...

Fabulous tag! Thank you for joining our “From the Ocean” Challenge this week at DoubleClick Skittles.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
• Carson's Creations •
DoubleClick Skittles DT

Beaumonde Designs said...

Amazing tag!! Love all the dimension! The pearls and the shell add a great touch!! Thank you for joining the Doubleclick Skittles challenge! Design Team Member - Payel (Beau Monde Designs)

Taunya Butler said...

This is INCREDIBLE and so perfect for this challenge!! I love the details and that soft colored, flowy ribbon - makes me feel as is I am by the ocean!! WONDERFULLY done!!! So very glad you joined us for the From the Ocean Challenge over at DoubleClick!! We are so glad you linked up with us!! Hope to see you again soon!!!
Taunya Butler
DoubleClick Design Team
http://daisiesgirl.com/

Georgiana said...

Hi again! Hoping you will share at 3 Girl JAM.

http://3girljamchallenge.blogspot.com/2015/06/july-challenge-anything-goes.html

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Diane, I am just in love with this piece! The color palette is gorgeous, and the way you made the tail look like fish scales is magical! What a lovely project! Thanks!

Helen said...

Beautiful tag - love the texture!
Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
Helen x