Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Double D Challenge Lavender and Lace

New challenge starts today at
Double D and the theme is 
Lavender and Lace
and using the  gorgeous mood board below!
You should see the beautiful creations the 
Design team has....WOW...you must head over there and take a peek!!



For my card, I used a very  new die just recently released from
Elizabeth Craft dies 'Gatefold-Elegant Roses'



I made this card in no time at all....
the die cut like a dream
and it makes a pretty large card.

I basically used a lavender card stock for the base and a pretty
piece of lavender floral designer paper for the background.

The die has a little hole on each die cut piece to run a ribbon through
to tie shut.



I glued a flower on the ribbon,
 but need to rethink that as now it won't untie...lol.
I think next time I will make some kind of a pullout sentiment so
the bow can be permanently tied shut.
When I have more time I intend to play around with this die
a bit more, but isn't it beautiful, so delicate!

So, head on over to Double D
see all the 'pretties' there and join in with us,
we always have a fabulous prize to give away! 

Entering the following challenges:
Scrapy Land .... ATG with Die
DL.Art February Linky Challenge.... ATG

15 comments:

Vicki said...

Diane, this card is so pretty. That is an amazing, intricate die cut. Beautiful ribbon too. I love that this card is so elegant, but was easy to make.

aussie aNNie said...

Sheer delightful card..xx{aNNie}

Ros Crawford said...

What a lovely design and so pretty!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful I love that die cut fold! Perfect colors too of course! I think I would just send it with a frame, maybe add a panel on the back (think top fold) and write the message there, tell them it's only for show. Even that ribbon is gorgeous! VERY pretty!

Sherrie K. said...

So elegant!!! I absolutely love the soft colors!
Sherrie K

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful design. I love a fancy gate fold like this.

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is stunning!! Another die I must have!! I love how you tied it closed with the beautiful ribbon!! Gorgeous, gorgeous card my friend!! Thank you so much for playing along at Scrapy Land and DL.ART!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Darlene said...

GORGEOUS! Love the vintage flair this card has! So elegant yet simple ... gotta love that!!! Great job!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, it's so beautiful, and such pretty paper! Delicate and feminine all over. I know you'll come up with many pretty designs for this one. I absolutely love the gate fold design, even if it doesn't open.

DIANA L. said...

WOW!!! absolutely Elegant and gorgeous I love it.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes FEBRUARY Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
DL.ART crinkle ribbon
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Lori Kobular said...

Your lavender and lace card is so beautiful and delicate, love the vintage look! Thanks for playing along with us at DL.ART Challenges!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Stunning card Diane. Such beautiful dies, it is so pretty with the flower and bow.

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Your lacy gate fold card is just gorgeous and I love the pretty paper behind the die. Just enough! Fabulous card.

Carol L said...

The die makes for one beautiful, feminine folded card, and I love the pattern in that pretty ribbon too! Lovely card!

katieo said...

Beautiful-I love the die against the pretty lavender paper. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge