Friday, August 31, 2018

Fall Leaves

I have a little bit of fun and exciting news to share.
I have joined the Alphabet Challenge
and will be on Team A.
I know, I know I really need more work right?
But this is FUN work and not work at all to me,
it is very relaxing to sit and create,
plus we have long~cold winters here in Michigan
and if 'pacify's' me thru the winter months!!
Also what a lot of great designers I get to 'meet' and work with!

My first card I have made is for the letter "L" 
which the theme chosen is 'LEAVES'.


I went with a very simple card using a Spellbinders die
for the backgrounds.  The branch is actually part of a 
Cheery Lynn Designs Tree die, that I just snipped apart.
I die cut a few Impression Obsession
Maple leaves from snippets of my paper scraps.

The sentiment is from JustRite Shabby Chic Autumn Leaves set.  The acorn paper is from DCWV Harvest House.
I added a little wax cord bow.

My biggest struggle was trying to figure
out if I wanted to use stamps or dies and which ones lol...
I guess I have too much to work with!!

I would love to have you visit and join in our
leaves challenge with us...see you there!

9 comments:

EmmaT said...

Welcome to the team Diane, i shall enjoy seeing your creations. This is a beautiful card to start with. EmmaT

meg said...

Beautiful autumnal card Diane

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful Autumnal card Diane, love your design and colours, Kate x

Leslie Miller said...

Hey, congrats, Diane! I always wanted to be on a challenge team and then I joined Double D and it's been the MOST fun, so I understand. It's been a great summer, but I'm kinda looking forward to winter so I'll have more time to stamp. Always something to look forward to! Anyway, your fall card is very pretty and creative, using just a branch from the tree die. Another cool thing for me to try and remember. Yes, too much to work with. What a chore (not)!

Darlene said...

Congrats on the new DT! You've done a FABULOUS job on this Leaves theme! How clever to use the branch from a tree die and your fall leaves look awesome! I never think to die cut things like leaves out of snippets of designer paper ... you are so good about that!! Well done ... awesome design!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Congratulations and I can see you are off to a great start with being on the design team. This card is gorgeous.

Debbie Mageed said...

What a pretty Fall card, Diane! I really love the beautiful simplicity of it. And CONGRATS on the the new DT!

Ros Crawford said...

Many congrats!! You are a workaholic lady! I adore this card Diane... Beautiful!

Donna Phelan said...

My goodness....HOW do you do it ALL and in such a glorious fashion?!?! You tire me out girl! lol I love those leaves, look at all that embossed detail too! So pretty! Happy Fall, Y'all!