Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Leaves Challenge

A new challenge starts today at Stencil Fun with an OPTIONAL theme of 
Leaves challenge.

For my leaves card I used a new kind of stencil from
Concord & 9th called Autumn Hues Turnabout.
If you have ever used their turnabout stamps then you are familiar
with how the stencil works.  If you have a Misti or a Platform
then it makes this stencil super easy.   This also comes with a turnabout stenciled wreath.  I have other turnabouts I need to get back out and use, but this stencil was a new one for me
and lots of fun. 

Here is the entire stenciled piece before I turned it into a card:

 I was disappointed in that the TH Distress inks
aged mahogany (first time use for me) and the fired brick 
were very similar colors, who knew!!  The other inks used were
mustard seed and spiced marmalade.

Anything goes

For my anything goes card I used a fun small stencil
from Tim Holtz Mini set #25.  I love these mini's as
you get 3 in a set and they make great card fronts!
Not much to this card other then the stenciling.
I added a few gold flat gems from Pink Fresh Studio,
designer paper, a rick rack die cut piece and a sentiment
stamped and die cut from Pink Fresh Studio.


We would love to have you join us at
Stencil Fun, the stencil inspiration by the entries there
have been beautiful and so many great ideas too!!


5 comments:

Lia said...

Leaves all over....that's really autumn. Great card!
Lia xx

Carol L said...

You really used your stencils to their full potential with both cards! I like the bold colorful leaves on the first card but I also like the subtle stenciling on the 2nd card. Both are very pretty!

Darlene said...

Both cards are just BEAUTIFUL my friend! You really know how to bring these stencils to life! Great job!

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

Beautiful cards and I do love your stencilled leaves, so pretty Michelle x

Leslie Miller said...

You have the coolest stencils and you always do the prettiest things with them! I really love these cards, Diane. Got to say the flower card is an exceptional design. I should check out those TH stencils.