Wednesday, March 6, 2024

First Signs of Spring

 Hello friends, happy 'almost' Spring!
That's what we are celebrating at Double D for our next challenge
FIRST SIGNS OF SPRING!!
Spring is officially March 19th but we can start the celebration NOW!!
We have a pretty inspiration board but you can create anything
Spring related!!

I let the cute little ducklings and all the pretty flower colors in the truck inspire me!
I used the Lawn Fawn grassy stencil and Lawn Fawn cloud stencils to
create the background of my card!
The adorable little duck is a Cottage Cutz Daffodil Duck die
that I die cut in all white scraps and colored in with my new Olo markers the
hubs bought me for Christmas, I really like them as they go on so smooth.
I found it easier to die cut all the pieces in white scraps ( and I have an entire big ziplock bag of white scraps, so nice to be able to use them up) then trying to use many different color scraps for these!
The sentiment is Stampendous Spring Sentiments.


So, if you are  in the 'spring mood' then come on over to
Double D and have some creative fun with us
and the teams have more beautiful inspiration there as well!!

Entering the following challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday .... Add A Sentiment
Try It On Tuesday .... Spring
Snippet's Playground  #475....Snippets


14 comments:

Pauline C said...

Fabulous card Diane .. your chick die cut is so cute and perfect against the lovely background
Pauline xx

Darlene said...

OMG that duckie is so cute and your sky is beautiful! Amazing spring creation!

Donna Phelan said...

Oh my isn't he darlin'. What a cutie! Loving your stenciled grass and pretty sky! Perfect sentiment! Can't wait for Spring, turn the page, start anew!

Barbara said...

Those multi colors clouds are so amazing and magical. Great background for this adorable duck. Loving that sentiment as well.

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, your clouds look so pretty in all the different colors. You know I love that cutie patootie ducky with the daffodil, too. There are soooooo many things to choose from at Cottage Cutz and it seems my NBUS supply is endless. I also really love the Stampendous sentiment.

aussie aNNie said...

So cute and lovely card love how you have coloured this .... xx

Vicki said...

Love this cute little duckie! You did an amazing job stenciling those clouds. I love the different pastels that you used to highlight them. Sweet card!

Birgit said...

Is this not the cutest card ever?? How adorable is that duck holding a spring daffodil with rainbow clouds in the background! Spring certainly does bring me joy as this card will bring joy to whomever you send it to. A darling card Diane!

Judy Woodland said...

Awe, that little duck is so stinkin' cute, and I love your clouds. Really adorable card.

Sarn said...

Such a sweet Springtime card. LOVE the clouds stencilled in different colours.

Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. If you come up to the treehouse later, I'll make you a nice mug of hot chocolate with extra marshmallows! xxx

Tee said...

This is an adorable card with that little duck! Love the awesome billowing clouds in the background too. Beautiful happy colors!

Di said...

Oh Diane, this is utterly adorable! A lovely card, such a cutie and the clouds are so pretty as Sarn said. And I suspect all of us 'snippeters' who hoard card are awash with off-cuts of white!

Hugs
Di xx

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous happy card

pearshapedcrafting said...

Soooo cute! Great words too! Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx