Sunday, August 24, 2008

JDRF Scrapbook Day First Posting



Our JDRF fund raiser crop was a huge success! We only had 2 no shows, that was great! It started at 9 and ended at 9 for the scrapbookers, but our day was much longer, the preparing and the cleanup, made us a pretty long day! I want to share a few photos I took with you! Some in this post and some in the next one.

We had our door prize drawing with lots of goodies. As I mentioned in my previous post, my good friend from Canada and her scrapbook store PaperBag Scrapbooking in Brandon, MB had donated a wonderful prize for our event! I have posted a very happy winner and when she picked up her prize I told her, "Now you will have to visit Canada so you can scrapbook the Canadian pages." She told me she had visited Canada already twice, so she was all set. It couldn't have gone to a better person!.

I also had the pleasure of talking to 3 very dedicated scrapbookers that actually came the night before to set up their space. Now these gals know what they are doing, I saw a few of their pages made with the Cricut and they were beautiful, they came with everything you could think of, including a small sewing machine...my kind of gals! Did I mention they are also very dedicated Cricut fans and they all wore their green "I love My Bug" shirts. I love to see people enjoy what they do and have fun! I hope to run into them again, as I don't own a Cricut (yet) and they are very knowledgeable and I am sure I will have questions for them!

The next picture is of a group of gals that brought (in their own words) everything but the kitchen sink! They arrived about 5 mintues after I did and they stayed with us the entire 12 hours. I wish I would of taken a picture as they were unloading as it was amazing and fun to see!! I just want to say "thanks ladies" for all your support!

1 comment:

*Linda said...

Diane,
Thank you for all of your help at the scrap. Since it was my first time, you made me feel very comfortable being there. What FUN!! I can't wait for the next!!