Friday, August 1, 2014

Happy Birthday Celebration At "Paper Sweeties"


Today is the day "Paper Sweeties" is celebrating their 2 year "birthday"....
And guess what?   
I have been invited to join in for the Celebration with the super talented Design Team
and fifteen other "Special Guest Designers"...
The festivities last the entire month long.....
I hope you will join in with us!!

There are all kinds of things you don't want to miss out on....
A challenge that you can enter ALL month long,
Here is the inspiration board


Prizes...oh yes,  lots of prizes
including a $100 gift certificate to the Paper Sweeties Boutique
All the details are on the Paper Sweeties blog....make sure and leave a comment!!
Scroll down for the "HOP" list.....

And now on to my project....
Did you ever play with paper dolls when you were growing up?
I know my sister and I did...and I am really going to age myself here
when I say we had "The Lennon Sisters" paper dolls....
I always had a fondness for dolls, so what better project to share then a fun set of 
"Birthday" paper dolls!!


I started out with a house shape chipboard mini album and covered it totally with
Graphic 45 papers, they were the perfect colors for the inspiration board for the challenge!
I used the darling stamp and die set "Emma" for my paper doll.....
I cut 2 sets of her, one for the front and one to "dress up"!


The doll on the front cover is Velcro-ed on so she can be removed to play with...
and so is her little kitty which is from set "Sweeties Pets"...
I also used the "banner" from the " Celebrate" set
Emma's dress was cut from the " Jelly Bean Time" set .... I even added real tulle under the hem!


The little dress above is from the "Live Love Grow set",
I also cut her a watering can!
The next four pages (including the one above)
I added vellum pockets to keep the paper doll clothes in
and another "Emma" that can be dressed with the various outfits.....


Emma was cut twice, 
once out of cardboard to make her sturdy and durable to be played with
and once from card stock.


I added "tabs" to all the clothes, and each outfit was stamped on card stock, then stamped
again on a designer paper and paper pieced to the card stock, then cut out.....


Stamp set used for the outfit "Have A Holly Jolly Holiday"
and
The cake is from the "Celebrate" set



This adorable little coat is from "Let It Snow" set
and the present is from the "Celebrate" set


I used various decorations throughout and even cut some of the details from the packaging that the stamps come with!!
You will also see a cake and a present, both of which have Velcro, so they  come off
easy to be played with....
For the top of the album I added various ribbon scraps and
used some of the yummy seam bindings
Grape and Mint


I think this will make a wonderful birthday card/present for some little girl to have!!
I could of decorated the clothes a bit more, but for the little
girl I have this in mind for, I wanted to keep it more simple
do to her age!


14 comments:

Mynn xx said...

What a FABULOUS idea!!! LOVE this sweet project! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Ros Crawford said...

Gosh this takes me back! My Nana used to keep all the cut outs for me so when we would go and stay I could play with them. Such a delightful album and beautifully done ... Happy Birthday Paper Sweeties!

Darlene said...

WOW! What a fabulous project ... must have taken you DAYS to complete but so worth the time since it is ADORABLE!!! The little one receiving it will giggle with joy! FABULOUS my friend ... you never cease to amaze me! WOWZA!

Debbie said...

Oh my ... oh my ... oh my!!! You have OUTDONE yourself, Diane! This sweet playset is beyond AMAZING! What little girl wouldn't love to get this fabulous set to play with -- I sure would! When I was little, I played with my paper dolls for hours on end ... and now I'm grown and still love to play with them! Thanks for joining us for Paper Sweeties 2nd birthday hop!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a fabulous idea! And it is so pretty and fun!!

Kristi said...

Wow,Diane! You went all out! I love your album and want to play with it! LOL What a great gift for a little girl!♥

Annette Allen said...

oh my how creative and super cute..

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, this is a-may-zing!! Wow!! What a fabulous idea this is!! I love the paper dolls!! How fun!! The house design, the clothes, everything is perfect!! I just love, love this my friend!! You know something funny...I made a project for a DT this week and I velcroed something to the card, too!! Great minds ;) This is stupendous (don't pull that word out often)!! Have a great weekend my friend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Maria said...

This project is darling beyond words! Any little girl would love to receive this creation! Absolutely amazing...LOVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome!!!! So adorable!

Jill Norwood said...

Your project is so wonderful! I love how you incorporated the mini album and the packaging with some of Debbie's sweeties! The little girl who receives it will have tons of fun!!! :)

Samra said...

Oh my, this is super cute!

Leslie Miller said...

Unbelievable! The paper doll, herself, is too cute, but the way you've presented her and her accessories in the mini-album is beyond adorable! So creative! The little girl you're giving this to will be enchanted!

Michelle said...

Fabulous idea, Diane! What little girl wouldn't love this!!