Thursday, August 14, 2014

Vintage Button Card Pincushions

Good Thursday Morning to you!!
I am excited to share my second project I made for my Design Team debut
this month with "Crafty Secrets"



If you have read my profile, you will know I also have a love for sewing....
though I don't do nearly enough of it anymore as my paper crafting has taken over....
However, being on the Crafty Secrets team, allows me to squeeze in a bit of sewing 
projects once in awhile, as their digital images are perfect to print on fabric sheets,
which is what I did for this cute little project.

To make my cute little pincushions,
I used Printable Button Cards T-13 images which "I" printed on fabric sheets
that load into your printer with ease and print beautifully, as you can see....
The fabric sheets can be purchased at pretty much any craft store and even Walmart...
Look for them in the sewing sections!!  However, Crafty Secrets has some wonderful,
already pre-printed on "fabric sheets" to save you lots of time!!


This was a super easy and fun project and you can get as creative
 and as fancy with them as
you want, just depending on "your style".....
You could add lace, beads, ribbons, charms, anything to create your own pincushions....
These would make a cute little gift for a friend, teacher, or a quilter.....


I hope you have enjoyed my pincushions today as much as I have enjoyed sharing them with you!!

Also Sandy has a Summer Super Pack Blow Out Sale  going on HERE



A $77.70 value for $19.95...WOW!!

Don't forget, there is still time to enter our "Crafty Secrets August Linky Party"
Anything Goes, as long as a "Crafty Secrets/Heartwarming Vintage"
product is used...and we have FREE images on the blog side bar...
YOU could be the lucky winner of the $50 prize and ALL entrants get 
one $6 store coupon!!!
What are you waiting for....join in with us ...pretty please...!!!!

You can visit the Crafty Secrets blog HERE
and the Crafty Secrets online store HERE

Entering the following challenges:
The Crafter's Cafe .... Anything But A Card
and
Digi Choosday .... Stitching Effects
and
All Crafts Challenge .... Anything But A Card
and
613 Avenue Create .... Anything Goes



12 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW! I've never tried anything like this ... can't wait to go shopping and find some of those fabric sheets (expect a call ... I'm lost in the sewing department). These are just adorable and I love the embellishments you've added! AWESOME inspiration once again! YOU GO GIRL!!!

Kristi said...

Awesome pin cushions! Love the retro images!♥

wannabcre8tive said...

Wow. What a creative idea! Your pin cushions are as cute and pretty as can be. I had no idea you could print digi's on fabric. Thanks, for the tip.

Lisa said...

Oh wow, these are amazing, Diane!! I love the vintage images you used!! You embellished them perfectly!! These look like pillows you would spend big bucks for at a designer store!! Love, love them my friend!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Ros Crawford said...

These are terrific!! I've never seen this fabric ... I just stick fabric to CS and feed through the printer ...

Anonymous said...

Love these! Super cute. I love Crafty Secrets.

Anonymous said...

Hi, A lovely project, love the pretty colours. Thank you for joining Craft My Life this month. Good luck and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Erin DT x

Chana Malkah said...

Simply Fabs! Thanks for taking the challenge this week at Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog1
Hugz,
Chana

Crafting Vicky said...

wow that's so creative! I have never tried to do something of the kind. Just love the shabby chic look!!!

Thanks for joining us in our Stitching effects challenge at Digi Choosday Crafting Vicky (DT) I have a giveaway you need to check it out at 600 followers giveaway

flossbite said...

These are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this week.
Hugs
Fiona DT

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Diane, Just stopped by to let you know that your fabulous pin cushion project will be featured on our Facebbook Page tomorrow! Facebook.com/avenue613
We look forward to seeing your work in our challenge at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner
613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog
http://avenue613.blogspot.com

Edie said...

Hi Diane. I'm a sewer also. Don't you just love those fabric sheets? Your pillows are gorgeous. I love your embellishment choices. Please come back again and join us at 613 Avenue Create.