Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Black and White With a Pop of Color

New challenge is starting today at Double D Challenges
and being hosted by Team Darlene
with the theme of
Black and White with a Pop of Color
and using the wonderful inspiration board below!



One of the things I am trying very hard to do this year
is to use some of my things from my stash,
like for instance this cute, cute cat digital I won from Bugaboo.



I just colored in a few 'pink' places, added a bit of Stardust gelly roll pen
for a bit of oomph and added
Nuvo Glitter Drops Pink Champagne to the flower center.

Then used an Impression Obsession 6 in1 rectangle frame die
to cut the black and white frames.
The black frames are recycled from a shiny packaging I had saved.
The papers underneath are from my scrap bags.



I computer generated a sentiment...I just love how it turned out
and it wasn;t until I was writing this up I realized I had
'kind of' used one of the photos for inspiration...lol

So make sure and join in with us at the Double D
and pop on over to see all the absolutely wonderful creations by
the Double D girls, they are the best!

entering the following challenges:
Bugaboo Crafty Challenges .... ATG
Crafting by Designs ... Recycle~Reuse~Repurpose

11 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

This is so cute!! What a super image!! BTW glad to know your kitty has a new home ... Fingers crossed she will be well loved... I know just how much you must miss her.

Darlene said...

What a cute image and you've showcased it PURR-fectly! (sorry ... couldn't help myself! lol) What a fabulous design and the sentiment is spot on ... well done!

aussie aNNie said...

awww Diane, this is the cutest...hugs.xx [aNNie]

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! Such a delightful kitty card, Diane! So sweet, and your computer generated sentiment is just lovely! Your layered framework is gorgeously done, and I especially like the 2 different black and white designer papers behind the last frame. So cute! hugs, de

Kathy Krug said...

Cute, cute, CUTE.... The sentiment is perfect with the cats and the pop of pink.

Lisa said...

So absolutely adorable!! That kitty is too cute!! I love the pop of pink!! The layers are fabulous, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Vicki said...

Sweet card, Diane! The cat image is adorable and goes perfectly with the sentiment. Love the touch of pink!

Leslie Miller said...

Well, you know how I'm a big fan of Bugaboo, and this kitty is darling! Those little touches of color you added are in all the right places to be really effective. It tickles me that you saved the shiny packaging, 'cause I know you don't have nearly enough stuff, tee hee! Pretty, though! What's this Ros mentioned about your real life kitty?

Judy Woodland said...

This card is so stinkin' CUTE!!! That little kitty just makes me smile, and I love how you have just done little pops of pink with his ears and nose and that little flower. Great take on the challenge, just fabulous!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Fabulous card with a super cute image Diane. Love the great pops of color and the kitty.

Donna Phelan said...

Oh so cute! I love all of those layered frames--wow! Your pink is popping! I really think this is just too adorable!