Friday, July 14, 2017

Butterflies

Hello....I had a sleepless night for some reason
and laid in bed thinking how fast summer is flying by!
Dang, we are almost half way through July
and will be into August soon and our Septembers here in Michigan
can go any way...hot to rainy and cold...
time sure does go by quickly doesn't it?

Today's card is a bright and shimmery/metallic one.
I love the color combo, too, not one I would normally use.
Unfortunately the camera distorts the actual color and beauty of this one.
Wouldn't it be great is there was a camera, just for the purpose of catching
all the sparkle and glitter in our cards?


I used the Tutti Designs Swirly Butterfly Circles for this one.
I cut an extra butterfly and popped it up for a bit of dimension!

The butterflies were cut from a purple metallic paper as well as the
underneath paper.  The blue is a metallic paper called
Starburst Lichen Aspire Petallic....whew quite a name, but oh so pretty!

The sentiment is from Hero Arts 'Birthday Mess'.
I stamped it then used a circle punch.
I wish you could see this IRL as it is so much prettier without all that 'glare' on it!

Entering the following challenges:
Cardz 4 Gals .... Butterflies

7 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

The summer seems to be gone in a heartbeat whilst winter lingers ... At least you can hold on to your crafty butterflies... beautiful card Diane! have a lovely weekend!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! If this looks better IRL then it must really be amazing! The gloss on that paper is gorgeous. If you ever find that camera please let me know because I want one, too! Weird, but I had trouble getting to sleep last night, too. I was thinking about how I have to water and fertilize the whole garden today and it's a lot of effort for a garden that seems hardly worth it this summer. The annual pots aren't growing well because we haven't had enough sun and warmth, and I've got too much shade everywhere else. Violets and other invasive plants are overgrowing everything. I don't know... maybe it's me, but I'm not having much fun out there this year. Hear me whine, sheesh!

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love the colors!! The die s beautiful!! And what amazing shimmer!! I agree about a camera that captures the sparkle and glitter!! I'd buy one in a heartbeat!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Shona Erlenborn said...

Beautiful card Diane! Yes, there needs to be a camera for the metallic papers! Love the color combination and that die is so pretty. Great idea to pop up the extra butterfly!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz, good luck!!! Amy DT

Donna Ellis said...

wooooo! your mirror cardstock is fantastic, Diane, and it looks extra amazing done with the pretty detailed die cut! It's a lovely card. While you lament mid-summer already, we are only a short way into ours, which will last well into October. Still, I do love our Florida home. And yes, I want that camera, too! It seems like my old, old camera that I gave to someone actually did a better job capturing glitter than my current cameras, which seem to delete all manner of sparkle!

Now for my other hat: So glad I got to see your masterpiece showcased at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge. Thanks for joining in with your lovely artwork. Hope to see more of your pretty creations in our future challenge themes! Please check back to see if you have won a badge. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Puppy Kisses and Paper Dreams said...

The shimmer is GORGEOUS!!