Wednesday, September 19, 2018

A little Bit 'Inky'

The new challenge today at
to get A little bit 'Inky'.

I have to admit I did a pretty simple ink project
as I saw another challenge I had wanted to join in
and it was to ink up your acrylic stamp block
then stamp on card stock.
I really had planned to join in but as usual time/life
got in the way so I decided I could use that technique
for my project here.


I inked my acrylic block with TH Distress Oxide Spiced Marmalade, 
spritzed it with water then stamped it on my card stock.
The acrylic block I used was probably the first one I had ever purchased
and has a nice wavy edge to it.



Then I stamped my image (SU House of Haunts)
several times using the TH Stamp Platform.
I love that thing, so much I ordered a second one to put away
in case I do something stupid to my original one...that is how much I love it.
Also did you know that Tonic has agreed not to sell any more of these in the states
once the ones in store are sold out?
What a shame that is.

I ordered a new Halloween paper pad
'Pink & Main' Not Too Spooky
and used that for my background.
A pretty neat one as it has no Halloween images on it, just the colors!

Make sure to visit (and join in too) the
Back To Basics and Beyond Challenge blog to
see all the beautiful and creative projects the Design Team has!!

10 comments:

Donna Phelan said...

Perfect little Halloween Card! I have that corner die too, comes in handy this time of year! BOO!

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely fabulous card Diane, lovely colours and design, great composition of images, Kate x x

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant inky background.x

meg said...

Love the not so spooky background paper, lovely shade of pink and the orange shade is perfect with your inky background

Donna Ellis said...

The perfect night time sky for a lonely Autumn's night vigil! Your inky acrylic block looks fantastic used in this way, Diane! Beautifully done! hugs, de

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cool Halloween card and I love the background and that spooky tree.

Crafting Queen said...

Great way to do your background, love the card.

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful spooky card, love the orange background and design

Darlene said...

Great job! I haven't used this technique in a very long time in fact had forgotten totally about it until seeing your awesome creation here. Thanks for the reminder ...

Leslie Miller said...

I love the way this background technique turns out, and the wavy edge is so cool! Not selling in the states maybe has something to do with the MISTI? Interesting.