Sunday, September 23, 2018

Cool Christmas Birthday

My cute little easel card is on the
Sparkle N Sprinkle blog today...yippee!!

Hi, Diane  with you and my fun
Side Board Easel card.
Not only is this an easel card, but it is also
an 'action' card.
The perfect card for a 'Christmas' birthday!
Let me show you quickly how I created it.


The snowflake image is from Crystal Snowflake 868  stamp set.
It was stamped in Versamark VM001 
and embossed with  Indian Spark EP273 embossing powder.


Using  TH 5” Mini Scissors 816E (These are my go to fussy cut scissors),
I easily fussy cut the snowflake out.
A little tip for fussy cutting is to trim away the larger pieces as you go
making it easier to cut around your image.


Next using the newly released stamp set Dancing Penguin 913,
I stamped him with Versamark VM001
and embossed with Black Detail EP171
He was colored in with Copics first, I didn't worry too much
about my coloring as I knew I would be covering him up for the most part with glitter.
It just helps to use the same color as your glitter
so nothing shows thru.

I always start at the top and work my way down, adding one color at a time.
I used myGlitter Brush SG1400 in-between each addition of colors.
I used  SNS Brushable Glue 540 and a small paint brush to apply,'making it
easy to apply the glue where I wanted it.
Glitter colors I used are 
Waterfall G1071Black Diamond GM2046 Tangerine GM2043


The 'fur' of the hat ws done after all my other glitters had dried (they dry FAST).
For the hat trim I used SNS Dimensional Glue 539
which puffs up, giving a bit of a 3d effect.
To that I sprinkled on Sparkling Snow G1003.

The card itself was quit easy that I found on Pinterest.
The measurements are
card base 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
top layer for that is 4" x 5 1/4".
For my top layer, I used a snowflake embossing folder that  I brayered
with Versamark VM001 and embossed with Sparkle EP107 embossing powder.
It gave it a very shimmery look!
If you scroll down a bit you can get a good look at it.
Once my little guy was all glittered up, I added a
SNS Action Wobbles AWS12
to the back of him so he could 'dance' on his snowflake
The background (measurements given below) was created by
randomly stamping a small snowflake from the same 
Dancing Penguin 913 stamp set with Laguna Bay ink from
Nuvo Diamond Hybrid Ink Pads Sea Siren 81N ink set.
To each snowflake I added CrystalGlitter Drops Emerald City 760N


The 'flap' of the card is 3" x 4 1/2" and scored at 2" and 4".
The 2"  side is adhered to the base and top base layer before the top layer goes on.
As show below I used ½” Tear-ific Tape SAT04
to adhere my top 2 layers on, the measurements for those are 
bottom layer 2 7/8" x 3 7/8" and top layer 2 3/4" x 3 3/4"


I also added to the CrystalGlitter Drops Emerald City 760N center of 
the large snowflake.
The sentiment was die cut using a small die from the 
Ribbon & Bow Layering Die Set 1461E 
and stamped with the same Laguna Bay ink.


I know this is picture heavy but honestly it was a lot 
easier then it looks!

Here is a list of all products used
Sparkle N Sprinkle
Glitter:  Tangerine GM2043
Embossing Powder:  Indian Spark EP273
Misc.:  small paint brush, copics,
Snowflake embossing folder

Entering the following challenges:
Addicted To Stamps .... Christmas Comes Early

9 comments:

meg said...

Love this action penguin card, he's a cutie set in a gorgeous glittery background

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous card Diane, I love the little penguin and your card design, Kate x

Leslie Miller said...

You're so good with the glitter. I'll bet your stamp room sparkles like crazy! Such a cute card and clever easel design!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a darling easel card with that cute penguin and beautiful snowflake. I love all the glittery details too.

Donna Phelan said...

Nothing better than a wobbly penguin lol CUTE!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Well isn't he just the happiest looking penguin ever!! This is beautiful and he just makes me smile!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Super cute Diane! Love all the glitter!

Darlene said...

WOW this is so cute and what a great fancy fold! AWESOME job with the sparkle!!

Doni High said...

This is ADORABLE! Thanks for joining us at Addicted To Stamps.