Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Honor Our Troops

 Hello friends, today is a day of remembrance in the US,
a day not one American will ever forget the tragedy that hit
our country on 9/11 where so many lives were lost for no other reason then hate!

To honor those our that were lost and those that protect us,
our challenge this next two weeks is 
'Honor Our Troops'
at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

For my honor, I created a Thank You card
thanking all our military for keeping our country safe
and our freedom intact!

I wasn't sure where I was going with this when I first started,
but I had purchased this fabulous Deep Red Soaring Eagle With Angels
stamp purposely for this challenge, plus the fact I really liked it!

I stamped it directly with a navy ink on a great paper from
Scrapbook Customs 4th of July Paper Pack.
The sentiment was die cut 3 times and stacked using a 
heartfelt thanks die using paper form the same paper pack.
Three red~white~blue candi's were added.

We would love to have you join us at
The Sisterhood of Crafters to honor YOUR troops!

3 comments:

Darlene said...

This is just awesome Diane! From the jets flying over to the star studded sentiment to the red/white & blue candi's ... FABULOUS!

Carol L said...

I absolutely LOVE this patriotic card made to honor all those we lost on this day back in 2001. I love every single detail and especially the red, white, and blue. We will never forget that day.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, a gorgeous sample card for this challenge. The loss that day was huge, as it has been in wars all through history. I'll never understand why there has to be so much hate.